8.31.2008

Well worth the sore gluteuses

Columbine Trail, Cheyenne Canyon


Saturday morning I went on a hike with some girls from the ward. It was so beautiful that I had to take the fam there later that afternoon.


Guess what it is.....
It's a MUSHROOM!

On a different note.... Kali wrote a poem on Friday at school and it was so sweet I thought I would share it. Kali also put it on her blog at kalitink.blogspot.com. Please leave her a comment, it would make her very happy. Let me know if you need to be added to her blog list.
My grandma Austin
is very special to me
When I go to her house,
she has ice cream
that is chocolate,
My mom thinks she spoils me
I think so too,
she loves flowers
she has them all over her house,
she loves to read books
especially Harry Potter,
she thinks her skin is rough
I think not,
she has a black cat
they are not bad luck,
she is always in her kitchen cleaning,
when ever I go over there
her sprinklers are on,
I love her.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too sweet!!! I bet her grandma especially loved it :)

meegz said...

Good for you Jamie -- getting out and enjoying nature with your family!! I am inspired!!

Brownie Bites said...

What a beautiful hike. Of course, you look more like you're ready for a model photo-shoot. You are beautiful, even after a long hike! twice!

Rach said...

That mushroom is HUGE!! What a fun Saturday. I liked Midnight Sun too. I don't know if I liked it better than Twilight, but definitely better than the other books. I really hope she finishes it too.

MAstle said...

Did the mushroom taste like chicken? Did you take it home and make a pinata out of it? I'm sure it would be handy to throw at grizzly bears on the trail.

Heather said...

I have to say that your kids are probably better hikers than I am. I haven't been for so long. We were actually planning on going today but now the weather is crappy so I don't think that is going to happen! Oh, and by the way, that mushroom is nasty!!!!!

Stacy and Mike said...

Mike saw me looking at your blog and he asked if I am jelous of your new friends. NO. I am happy for you... I just wish I could be with you too. The hike looks beautiful and I love Kali's poem... to precious!

Ellie McFreaken said...

WHat a sweet poem Kali! I will come to your blog and leave a comment there too. Jamie...(notice how I spelled it)
I need your home number I haven't talked to you in awhile. I saw Stacy this past weekend and it just wasn't the same without you.
I miss you.
The hike looked great! I thought you gave up shrooms years ago?
talk to you soon!
Love ya

Weavers said...

I still haven't gone hiking yet except with you in Colorado...sad!!! I like Kali's poem, looks like she's taking after Brain, except she's cute. hee hee.