Every once in a while I am caught off guard by something that makes me cry. I say "caught off guard" because I'm usually not a crier. I'm not saying that I'm not a highly emotional person, it's just that my emotions usually manifest themselves in other forms besides tears. But today, I was driving in my car and the song "Just a Dream" by Carrie Underwood came on and it made me cry. It was truly shocking. Do you ever cry over something silly? If so, please leave a comment and share!Here are a few more things that bring on the water works for me:
- The last line in the book "Kite Runner" made me cry for a solid 10 minutes.
- When Izzy was crying over Denny dying.
- Extreme Makeover: Home edition. Gets me every time.
- The song The Dance by Garth Brooks. Stupid Country music.
- Seeing kids go off to their first day of Kindergarten (doesn't even have to be my kid).
- On the news when they show a soldier father coming home and surprise his kids at school.
- If someone starts crying, I will start crying.
- Watching Michael Phelps receive his first gold medal in this Olympics.
- Most of all, those that know me know that I ALWAYS cry when I laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8khHqMntkbQ
(sorry I couldn't find a video that had the embedding enabled so you have to go to youtube yourself).
15 comments:
I don't usually cry. But I cry inside when:
1. The Jazz lose in the finals to the Bulls
2. There is no ice cream in the freezer
3. I don't have enough vacation time for my annual backpacking trip
4. They stop running episodes of the The Office
5. Jamie forgets to tell me how handsome I look every morning
ha ha Brian... you are Hilarious!
I have witnessed Jamie laughing so hard that she cries, many times..... come to think of it maybe it's because I'm so funny that she can't stop laughing. J/K
I have also seen Jamie manifest her emotions in other ways. :)
Love ya Jamie!!!!
Brian you are too funny -- Nathan even laughed at your comment ( I had to read it to him)
*Um, ya Izzy crying over Denny sent me into hystarics.
*The Tim McGraw song "If your reading this"
*When Marc Green died on ER.
*Anytime on the news they show soldiers either leaving or coming home.
I could go on and on. :)
Jaime...You are too cute girl. I love it when you laugh so hard and then you cry....
I cry at the drop of the hat and every single one of those things I have cried over.
Kiterunner
Extreme Makeover
How about Live like you were dying...by Tim McGraw?
We need to talk it has once again been too long and I already miss you.
I am a closet crier. I don't really get into waterworks when other people are around, but I definitely have buttons that push me to tears. For example, any phone commercial from the 90s makes me cry. So does the nightly news. I know, weird. I cried last night when I saw Nastia take the gold. And I'll probably cry tonight when Phelps rocks the world in another swim meet. Maybe I should go in my room and cry since I miss seeing you, just to round out the day! :)
I am a HUGE cryier, so here are some crazy things that make me cry...
seeing others cry
people in the airport saying hello or good bye, they don't even have to be crying and I will. (I can't think of a single time I walked through the airport with out tearing up)
soldiers
1st day of school and the last day. (probably because I hate goodbyes)
lots of songs
my kids feelings getting hurt
Ok so this list is getting too long I should stop. but I can assure you it's not done.
I cry all the time! And I hate it! I actually cry a lot when I am angry, which just makes me angrier (sp?)! I too cried over Mark Green, Izzy & Denny, Missionaries coming home/leaving, anything patriotic, dads & kids, and a whole list of other things. Get this though- not kindergarten! Nope, I was tender but really I was just SO excited for my kids and the experiences they were going to have. Oh, but I did cry the first time I put Katie on the airplane,alone, for the first time.
I'm a wuss
1 - Same as Brian's #1...cried alot
2 - Every fetchin time a bare testimony, about anything
3 - When my wife or kids are in pain
4 - When I watch an old video of my dad (who's passed on)
5 - When I got married...man, Sarah was like "I don't think I canmarry this baby..."
jt
If you need a good cry, go see Grandma. I cry even walking UP to the door. Bring on the waterworks!
I do agree with Brian. I too will cry when they stop showing The Office episodes. I am a BIG t.v. crybaby!
Although, I do think that Izzy and Denny take the gold!
I don't cry when my kids start kindergarten but I do get teary eyed on back to school night (???) When disabled athletes finish races. Has anyone mentioned hallmark commercials yet?
I thought my tears were running dry until I was at grandma's today (taking your advice) and I played her the violin and grandpa just held her and cried. Also watching grandpa cry while they listen to the Bar J Wranglers together. I can hardly think about them without crying anymore.
I do have to add that I've caught Jared on more than one occasion welling up with tears during Oprah. And the one that always gets me is the billboard sign with the man that pushes his son along the iron man. Jared and I cry evertime we see that one.
I am a big crier, so I cry at everything. Extreme Makeover always gets me too. Steel Magnolias makes me sob uncontrolably even after watching it 100 times.
I keep asking John if he wants to go and see Grandma one more time and he tells me it makes him too sad. He is kind of glad he can keep his happy memories of her and not have to see her so sick. I can understand after reading Tiffany and Sara's comments. They made me cry right here (maybe John shouldn't read them). Now we all need an Office episode to cheer ourselves up.
Karl knows I cry at stuff on TV and I hate it when he leans forward to check if I am.
Are you pregnant? I admit I am a crier too but I am a sloppy crier when I am pregnant! When people would win the "Showcase Showdown" on Price is Right I would breakout in tears. Sappy commericals would get me every time. Don't know what it is but a good cry makes me feel better...
I agree-I cry at all of the same things you listed. This is embarassing to admit-but do you watch and wait when an American is on the gold medal stand watching and waiting for them to tear up so you can let the flood gates open up and cry along with them? If so, then you are crazy....like me.
1. Hellos make me cry more than goodbyes. Airports should have boxes of tissues strategically places all over the baggage claim area. I know you cant take more than 2.5 oz of any liquid thru security-have they ever measured tears of another sloppy crier before? May keep some prego woman off a flight!
2. Sappy country songs that tell a tragic story-I usually cry when I'm driving alone.
3. When my kids get hurt-physically or emotionally. I try not to let them see me cry but nonetheless it happens.
4. That Hawaiian song by Brother Iz-'Somewhere Over the Rainbow" -KILLS ME!
I cry whenever I talk about something spiritual. I cried the other day being overwhelmed about making dinner. I hate to cook. Sounds crazy!! I was having a meltdown moment. PS. I love you - I sobbed through the whole movie.
Post a Comment