8.05.2008

Stop the Madness!

Well, I did it. I actually went to a midnight release party for Breaking Dawn last Friday night. Out of the 200+ people there, only a handful of us were over 30. It was so funny to watch the crazy teenagers in their prom dresses and "team Jacob" t-shirts. (NO I did NOT dress up...) I finally got my book around 12:40, got home around 1 a.m., and planned on reading all night but fell asleep at 2 a.m. Darn.
These kids were so good to pose for me:There were lots of games and contests, including a costume contest. I didn't see who won (because of my height I couldn't see over the mass of people). But I did get a glimpse:
I have had a crazy week this week so unfortunately I haven't been able to devote all my time to reading. And when I finally have time to read at night, i'm so tired that I just fall asleep. But I'm almost done now (about 100 pages to go). So far, my book review is: read Twilight but pretend the other books don't exist. I wish I could say this will be the last time I ever talk about these books, but the Twilight movie is coming out in December and I am still SOOOOO excited for that!

I REALLY need to finish this book - my house has been seriously neglected.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Neglected house? What about the neglected husband?!

Alison Ward said...

I'm only about 100 pages into it, it's pretty good so far. I still like Host better without all the mumbo mushy jumbo. Way to go to dress up though, you rock!

Christy said...

I tried to go get my book at 1 in the morning and there were so many kids in line, Barns was FULL and the line went all the way down to Old Navy. Instead I just laughed histerically and left for home and bed!! I also have had a way crazy week and feel like I haven't been given enough reading time. I was grouchy at Jeremy for asking me to cook dinner right after I finished page 360. But luckily he went straight to his computer game after dinner and I went back to reading. Still not done!!!

Stacy and Mike said...

Mike brought the book home for me... Still reading it.. it doesn't seem as addicting as twilight. I'm glad this is the last one..... Still bugs me!

Mama C said...

My stinking book still hasn't come. I am never preordering again. I keep going to websites and then having to quickly leave because they have spoiler alerts. I am dying here. I watched the Breaking Dawn Concert thing and loved it I wish she was coming here.

Heather said...

What an exciting time you have had. My mom just went to Costco the next morning and they had tons of copies of it. She is reading it first so I am next after her! I am definitely counting down the days for the movie though!

Brownie Bites said...

I almost bought it at Smiths the next morning. But we were going on vacation and I knew if I owned the book, I'd have to take it with me. And if I took it with me, I'd have to read it. Then, I would have spent my family vacation, ignoring my family. So...I opted out and will borrow someone else's. Maybe after school starts, NAPTIME!!!