A few weeks ago Brian was telling one of his co-workers (for those that don't know, Brian transferred to an office in San Francisco but works from home) who is from China that I was going to do an olympic distance triathlon. She thought I was going to the actual Olympics and asked Brian if it would be ok for her to ask for my autograph if she ever meets me. If we end up going to San Francisco this year for the big company party, she is going to be very disappointed.I know I won't ever make it to the Olympics, but I can still try to beat my own records. Right now my goal is to run 6 mi in 48 minutes (I don't know why that time, it just sounds like a good number). I have been averaging about 52 minutes (on the treadmill) so today I decided I needed to break 50 minutes. When I hit mile 5, I realized that I was not going to make my time, so I had to speed up. I had to do a 6.5 minute mile for my last mile and the last minute I had to run a 6 minute mile. I'm lucky I didn't fall on my face! But I made my goal (by 3 seconds) so i'm happy. Hopefully I will reach my goal of 48 minutes soon.
Until then, I will enjoy watching the likes of Michael Phelps (he's incredible) and live vicariously through the REAL Olympic athletes.
11 comments:
I love the Olympics. I was just yelling at the TV, cheering for a Finish cyclist who caught up to the lead group (he didn't win though).
Those opening ceremonies were amazing! We recorded it and then started watching it at about 9:30 and finished just after midnight. I love watching all of the events. I am amazed at how many events there really are. We have had one lazy day of just watching Olympics but that is okay with me!
Props to the Chinese for the awesome show; also for having the greatest food on the planet!
jt
I was just cheering for a gymnast!! I love the olympics too!! We have been watching all day -- it is funny how I will watch sports I normally would have no interest in.
Great job on the run!! That is farther than I ever want to go!!
That's funny. I'm running a 1/2 marathon in October. I could careless about my time. I just hope I finish the race! Your a fast little runner!
The opening ceremony was incredible!!!! Jamie... You are an olympian to me. Great job beating your time!
Wow. You are fast. You should start a movement for the mom olympics (they have the special olympics- so it is not unheard of).
I missed most of the opening ceremonies but I have been able to go back and see parts of it and wow it was incredible. I agree what an amazing job they have done...
I love watching Phelps....is he even human? I want ot learn to swim really well after watching him!
Oh and I LOVE the summer olympics! The winter is fun but there is something about the summer that is so fun!
You are amazing! I can't even run 6 miles in 6 days. Wow. Maybe I'll ask for your autograph too!
Glad to see someone else misses the Olympics! Tanner thinks that he will be the new Michael Phelps; I say go for it!
Your blog is cute; glad to have found it!
Kristeen
Post a Comment