We had great fun taking pictures of the kids today. The kids loved it, can't you tell? Especially Caleb. The first two pictures I was playing around with the aperture. I never did figure it out, so I reverted to using the regular flash. I just ordered a photography book on Amazon, so after I get it I will practice on anything and anyone besides my own children! Out of the 342 pictures I took, I did manage to capture a couple fun(ny) ones. And here is Caleb after I bribed him with two toys (one wasn't going to cut it):
what is it with little boys and getting there picture taken. And it just get worse as they get older. Trying to get Brian in a picture is near impossable anymore
Do you love your new camera?? I have a couple books that I bought that you are welcome to borrow. That aperture thing is hard to figure out, but you got some good shots!
You are going to love that camera even on AUTO...we have the old D100 and I think I am ready for a new Nikon...I do feel for you and trying to get good photos - I think I have some sad kids in some failed photo shoots as well.
Looks like you got some good pictures of the kids anyway. I think all kids are made the same today. When you want candid shots of them playing, they pose with cheesy grins. And they want to see their picture after every shot. But when you want to pose them, they do everything goofy thing but smile. The people at Kiddie Kandids don't make enough money, that's for sure. BTW, the aperture is hard enough to figure out under natural bright light. Adding flash makes it 10 times as hard. Well, maybe only nine times.
Hey,I think those turned out pretty good. kids are tough! I really like the one of Kali. You should talk to Doug about the apeture thing, he understands all that. Good job! Keep it up!
Jamie..aren't you loving the camera? Those pictures turned out great! It took me forever to understand aperture. I got this book that I think is awesome and I've heard most photographers say that it was their favorite too...it's called Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. Get the revised edition that has a bit of digital too but really I have learned a ton from that book the past few weeks. Love it! You saw how my girls are with the camera...they LOVE to pose so give it some time and Kali and Emi will be begging for you to take shots of them. One more thing and then I will shut up about pictures. Just remember to change your White balance button each time you shoot in a new area....that makes ALL the difference too! okay enough from me..shoot away and have fun! Love ya!
Jealous of your new camera. I just took a class from Nicole Hill. She is moving but doing some online classes. You can link to her blog from mine. I learned so much and, like you, have taken a bajillion pictures even though my camera isn't as nice as yours. Try to not use your flash- that makes a huge difference.
13 comments:
what is it with little boys and getting there picture taken. And it just get worse as they get older. Trying to get Brian in a picture is near impossable anymore
Do you love your new camera?? I have a couple books that I bought that you are welcome to borrow. That aperture thing is hard to figure out, but you got some good shots!
You are going to love that camera even on AUTO...we have the old D100 and I think I am ready for a new Nikon...I do feel for you and trying to get good photos - I think I have some sad kids in some failed photo shoots as well.
Your kids better get used to it now that you have a new camera. It is only going to get worse.
Okay first your kids are getting so big!! Emie was a little baby when we were neighbors!
Have fun getting to know your camera! Looks like you are already having fun :) Even if caleb is not :)
You can do amazing work on pictures with Photoshop if needed.
Looks like you got some good pictures of the kids anyway. I think all kids are made the same today. When you want candid shots of them playing, they pose with cheesy grins. And they want to see their picture after every shot. But when you want to pose them, they do everything goofy thing but smile. The people at Kiddie Kandids don't make enough money, that's for sure. BTW, the aperture is hard enough to figure out under natural bright light. Adding flash makes it 10 times as hard. Well, maybe only nine times.
Hey,I think those turned out pretty good. kids are tough! I really like the one of Kali. You should talk to Doug about the apeture thing, he understands all that. Good job! Keep it up!
Don't worry. I'm sure with some hard work and practice, you'll move from aperture to pro.
I love Brian's play on words.
You got some good ones. Now come and practice on my kids!!
Jamie..aren't you loving the camera? Those pictures turned out great! It took me forever to understand aperture. I got this book that I think is awesome and I've heard most photographers say that it was their favorite too...it's called Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. Get the revised edition that has a bit of digital too but really I have learned a ton from that book the past few weeks. Love it!
You saw how my girls are with the camera...they LOVE to pose so give it some time and Kali and Emi will be begging for you to take shots of them.
One more thing and then I will shut up about pictures. Just remember to change your White balance button each time you shoot in a new area....that makes ALL the difference too!
okay enough from me..shoot away and have fun!
Love ya!
Jealous of your new camera. I just took a class from Nicole Hill. She is moving but doing some online classes. You can link to her blog from mine. I learned so much and, like you, have taken a bajillion pictures even though my camera isn't as nice as yours. Try to not use your flash- that makes a huge difference.
Is it mean that I think those pictures of Caleb crying are hilarious?
Post a Comment