12.31.2008

My goals for the new year

He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; He who makes one is a fool. - F.M. Knowles
Put the gas hose back

I resolve to always replace the gas nozzle
before driving away from the pump.


My New Year's Resolutions (but feel free to make them your own):
  • Spend my afternoons getting caught up on current events, like what's been going on with Hope and Bo on Days of Our Lives.
  • Start using deodorant.
  • Do my part to save the planet. I will conserve water by not doing laundry and only bathing once a month. This will not be a problem since I will start using deodorant.
  • Have a healthy and realistic body image. I will do this by canceling my gym membership and gaining 5 pounds.
  • Spend a minimum of four hours a day on a worthwhile hobby, like blogging and facebook.
  • Spend more, earn less.
  • Learn a new talent. I think I would be good at spitting tobacco chew.
  • Let go of the past and stick to worrying about the future.
  • Balance my checkbook (on my nose).
  • Become more OCD. Like by making sure that I have 10 resolutions and didn't stop at 9.
Happy New Year! I hope 2009 is a great one, especially for me.

9 comments:

Katrina said...

ha ha! I wish you all the luck in the world!

Brownie Bites said...

You crack me up. I want to know how many people went back and counted how many goals you listed to make sure you were at 10. I did.

Unknown said...

With goals like that, I don't see how 2009 can go wrong.

leslie said...

You can't say that you don't have goals!

meegz said...

Shoot for the sky sister! (I went back and counted:))

MAstle said...

I hope you at least get the hang of the deodorant one before you come back next year.

Rod and Jess said...

Alright Jamie,
I'm a blog-hacker, so I'm adding you to my list! Those are some awesome resolutions! I second the good luck wishes! I also may have to copy a few of those for my own goals! We miss you here!

Lacey said...

That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

Stacy and Mike said...

I think Deodorant lasts longer than a month... esp if you are not constantly showering to wash it off.

so funny!!