1.15.2009

What's YOUR real age?


I took this test on Oprah.com. I'm always saying I feel 26(not really)! Although I am not a fan of Oprah, I am a huge fan of Dr. Oz. I copied this from Oprah.com:

Dr. Oz's 10 Ways to Live Healthier:
Step 1: Find a doctor and schedule a checkup.
Step 2: Know the five ingredients to avoid
  1. High fructose corn syrup
  2. Sugar
  3. Anything "Enriched"
  4. Trans fat
  5. Saturated fats
Step 3: The healthy foods to add to your diet:
  1. Antioxidants
  2. Omega-3 fats
  3. Fiber
  4. Olive oil
Step 4: Take a multivitamin every single day.
Step 5: Know your numbers
  1. Waist size (taken at belly button, men should be less than 40", women 37")
  2. Blood pressure
  3. Cholesterol
  4. Resting heart rate
  5. Blood sugar
  6. Vitamin D level
  7. C-reactive protein (checks for inflammation usually caused by infection)
  8. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
Step 6: Find a health advocate (this could be anybody who is supportive of your health)
Step 7: Organize your medical records (this means asking your doctor for a copy of your medical records)
Step 8: Get the medical tests you need (tests appropriate for your age, such as a mammogram.)
Step 9: Start exercising
  1. Walk at least 10,000 steps a day.
  2. Get your heart rate up at least 60 minutes per week.
  3. Work on flexibility and
  4. Strength training
Step 10: Get seven to eight hours of sleep at night.
Sleep tips for those insomniacs out there:
  1. Sleep in cool, dark room.
  2. No t.v or laptops.
  3. Add white noise.
  4. Dress appropriately (less clothes, the better).
  5. Set standard wake-up time, includes weekends.
  6. Get the best mattress.

8 comments:

Doublebanker said...

I'd be afraid of how old this test would tell me I am. Need to start taking better care of myself!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

I love Dr. OZ!!!

Christina said...

If they considered looks, you would be even younger, huh?

Anonymous said...

I did that once and it told me I was 2 years older than I actually am. I guess all that running I do and not smoking or drinking has really affected my health!!

I actually really like Dr. Oz too. I have few of his books.

Tara said...

Man, I saw that on The Biggest Loser...I think I'd be 101 !

Scary!

MAstle said...

I just took that test. It says I'm 49 (-7.1). It looks like the biggest contributors to being younger for me are good genes and taking drugs. I just need to lose weight and exercise more and I'll turn into Benjamin Button.

Jamie said...

Yeah, I would be younger if I didn't talk on the cell phone while driving.

Stacy and Mike said...

Can I be your Health care advocate?

If I had an advocate would they get up with my babies for me so I could get at least 7 straight hours of sleep?