1.17.2009

Doing Field Work

I bought this handy little book to help me learn how to use my new toy. So that I don't bore you with all of my photos in the future, I will try to only post them on my photo site (see side bar under "websites of note" labeled "Family Photos"). These pictures will look 100x better if you go to my photo site - images on blogger are not the best.

We took advantage of the warm weather and went to the zoo today. This gave me lots of practice with the camera. I am getting a little better at the aperture thing, thanks to some long distance help from my wonderful photographer friend Angie, but I still can't get good pics unless my object is way up close.
Kali showing us that she can touch her nose with her tongue. With a little help.

I think porcupines are SO cute!
I also learned how to take pictures of moving objects, which comes in handy when your "objects" are never still.

Right now my biggest challenge is lighting. And I also need to learn how to use Photoshop. Does anybody have a good Photoshop book they can recommend?

6 comments:

Katrina said...

I just thought I'd let you know that Nils had a D70 for 3 years and loved it to pieces. He recently sold it and got a Canon, and was having buyers remorse for awhile. He claims he's over it, but he still has very tender feelings for the D70. I think if he had it to over again he'd stick with it. As for Photoshop, I know there are tons of tutorials online that you can use.

Jenn said...

Did you guys come up to the Denver Zoo, or is there one in Colorado Springs too? We might go to the zoo on Monday since it's a free day. Also, I don't know if you've been, but the first Tuesday of each month, from 4-8pm, is free at the Children's Museum. I wanna try that sometime. The Museum of Nature and Science has some free days too, but my kids might be too young to stay entertained at that one. Wish the aquarium had free days....that would be fun.

Unknown said...

I can't remember who I was arguing with, but that picture of the porcupine is proof that they climb trees, so there! (whoever you were)

Stacy and Mike said...

Did the bird poop on Brian? If so can I get a picture of that?

Anonymous said...

How are ya James! Ha Ha! I need to have you show me some pointers on this blogging thing. I have no idea what I am doing and you seem to have it down! I wish we had been able to see you guys when we were all in Utah. We were a little skittish about driving in the snow after our little accident so we didn't do much of it. We may go again the week of 4th of July.......

Ellie McFreaken said...

Where have I been? JAme get the book LAyers....can't find the book at the moment. It's liek a square blue book. It's fantastic for photoshop.
Cute pic of you and your D70 book....great photos!