1.08.2009

When the husband should bring home flowers

Lesson for you hubbies...

If you trade your wife cars because you are driving your supervisor to the airport and you don't want to be embarrassed driving her in your own filthy car,

...and your wife takes her car to the car wash and even vacuums it out for you,

...and you were supposed to be home in the first place to watch your daughter so your wife could go to the dentist,

...and then your wife spends the morning packing a special bag for your daughter to keep her occupied during the appointment,

..gets all ready to go,

...gets your daughter buckled in your filthy car,

...gets in the driver's seat,

...pulls out her keys,

...reaches for the ignition,

..and if then and only then does she realize that you forgot to put back the key to your car that you took off of her key chain,

..leaving her stranded at home and making her miss the dentist appointment,

...you definitely should not come home without flowers.
These are the flowers Brian came home with.
He also brought me some Diet Pepsi, which always helps.

13 comments:

Stacy and Mike said...

I can't wait to read the "Other side of the story!"

You got the flowers right? Then maybe there is not another side.

Knowing how much you hate being late .... missing it entirely is a whole other ball game. I think I might have bought the biggest bouquet and then curled up in a fetal position until the wrath was over. :) j/k

Christina said...

Oh man. If that deserves flowers, Karl would just have to build me a greenhouse in the backyard. My life is full of that kind of stuff. I hope you got them, though.

Rach said...

Yes, flowers are in order. How frustrating. Next time call me for a ride.

Jamie said...

Yes, Brian did come home with flowers, but I pretty much told him he owed me a big apology which should include flowers ;P

Stephanie said...

umm, I think it might have included more than flowers and Diet Pepsi. Maybe an all expense paid trip to the spa, while he baby sits! ;)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Brian! Good man :)

Brownie Bites said...

Ahhhh, these men of ours. What do you do.....?

Tara said...

I'm laughing my head off! That's hilarious! I think maybe some sort of chocolate is in order, too... call me crazy!

Mel said...

It is sad when you actually have to ask for flowers. We have a dog house if you ever need it. :)

Christy said...

LOL... Glad he bought you flowers. I wonder what Jer would have done. Thankfully the two time Jer ran off with the keys there was nothing I needed to do.

This Jones Family said...

Well if it helps anymore, Greg said he did feel bad at work!!....I don't know I think I'm on your side!

5Kgoatgirl said...

Yah - it was good he brought flowers...

MAstle said...

Poor Brian.