Emeline went to her very first "ballerina class" yesterday. She was completely mesmerized and enchanted by the entire experience. What can I say, my older two like to yell, kick, and punch, but Emi is still convinced that she is a princess.
"Karate is for defense only.
Think that anger is your enemy.
Treat others the way you like to be treated.
You must exercise good manners, respect, and self discipline."
Think that anger is your enemy.
Treat others the way you like to be treated.
You must exercise good manners, respect, and self discipline."
"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
On a last note, we went to a friend's house last night and played "Killer Bunnies." I had heard that this game is a hoot, and they were right! We are definitely putting this on our "must have's" list.
Stay tuned to see what I will be blogging about tomorrow....



7 comments:
We played killer bunnies with doug and steph the other night and loved it. now we have one....but no one really to play with (Alec/Regan too busy). Wish you were closer.
What is killer bunnies? I am intrigued. I am impressed you have done 3 posts in 4 days. I am hoping to get 3 in one month :)
Those quotes are great. Looks like I need some karate lessons.
Love the little ballerina. I am excited for Addy to start classes. Although, that Karate stuff looks pretty cool also. Maybe I will take that up for myself so next time I see Brian, he better WATCH OUT!! just kidding.
I do have to play this killer bunnies. We played a game new this weekend but I don't remember the real name for it. We called it "banana hammock" which I am pretty sure is NOT the correct name. Hee hee.
hee hee. I don't know what kind of games Tiffany is playing, but they sound pretty exciting.
I've heard of killer bunnies but I heard it was k/o crazy and all you work up for can be taken away from you with one magic carrot or something like that. Lately I'm hearing lots of good stuff about it. I'll have to find someone to play it with...maybe a trip to Denver is calling our name...
We're thrilled you guys liked the game as well as we did. We'll have to do it again sometime.
Those little girls doing ballet is too cute! M expresed interest. I need to talk to you about the lady you go to.
Emi is a princess.
I've probably told you this too many times, but when I was on my mission in Okinawa our very stocky branch president was a karate instructor--his full-time job. He had huge hands and told us he punched a cement post to break his hands and make them bigger (and scarier). Then one day we met a guy while we were going door to door. He was something like 98 years old and was one of only two or three living karate grand masters in Japan. He told us that these guys who break their hands to make them bigger are not true followers of karate. The first thing you learn in karate is to run the other way. Karate was invented in Okinawa, by the way. When the island was ruled by both Japan and China (neither one knew the other was also ruling the poor island people), the Okinawans were not allowed to have weapons of any type, so they invented this "empty hand" defense.
Post a Comment