This is called the Taikyoku Ni-dan. (Both girls look similar but Kali is in the back.)
Emi had to help with the filming - that is her hand that keeps popping up and is the voice you can hear.
Poor Caleb is a pretty uptight kid (he has uptight parents so he is doomed), and even though he can do these moves in his sleep, when it came to test time he lost all confidence and kept looking at the other kids which made him lose his focus.
Warning: This video is very shaky because a certain little 3 year old kept grabbing the camera.
Even with Caleb's hesitations, they both did really well. As for me, I'm trying to not be so uptight so Caleb will learn that it's not a big deal to make mistakes. I don't want him on high blood pressure medicine before he goes into middle school.
6 comments:
Your funny. I think it's awesome that they earned their orange belt. Guess what I am training for a 5K. I can't even believe it myself. I haven't ran in 16 years. My friend and I started walking together and when I showed up last nigh she tells me "ok here's the plan" and now has us on an 8 week plan that says we should be able to run a 5K in 8 week. I will let you know how that goes. HA
Tough kids!!! I'm impressed! Your kids are too tough to get high blood pressure before middle school. You are so funny! love that Emi I hear in the background.
Looks like fun. I want to get Jackson in Karate, but I'm afraid he'll use it at inappropriate times...like with Tanner.
I love your kids! Its okay if Caleb gets a little nervous--so do I. Wow they are tough--not just tough smellin either. He is bound to get high blood pressure living with Brian.
I am so dumb. When I read the post title I pictured you reaching for an actual orange, you know, like the fruit. Then when I saw thst it was about karate, I thought that "reaching for the orange" was like a fancy name for a move like wax on wax off. Glad I was wrong, their skills are much more impressive.
Wow. They look good. Like synchronized karate. So did they both earn their orange? What color do they need to actually break someone's nose in their test? Is that the red belt?
Post a Comment