10.26.2008

This is why fathers don't dress their children...

You can read here about Brian's history with dressing the kids for church. Let's just say he is not allowed to pick out the kid's church clothes anymore. Our system is, I set out the clothes, Brian dresses Emi, and I do the kid's hair.

We were in a hurry this morning to get to church because it was the primary program and we wanted good seats. So I let Brian pick out Emi's dress AND let him get her ready. Well, we ended up being late because I had to change Emi, who happened to like her dad's fashion style. But really, who would let their daughter out of the house wearing this? Brian's defense was the colors matched. Too bad polka dots just don't go with that dress.
I also had to laugh when we got settled in our seats at church and noticed Caleb wearing his Transformers shoes. They go really well with his suit coat, don't you think? I guess next week I will wake up extra early to supervise the wardrobe selection.

18 comments:

Rach said...

Ah, too funny!! We have gone out the door to church only to realize when we got there that one of the kids was wearing no shoes. At least Caleb had Transformer shoes on!!

MAstle said...

Maybe you could spend a day and code all the kids' clothes with colored dots. Then Brian would just have to remember that the top with the green dot inside goes with the bottom that also has a green dot. Transformer shoes get not dots. They're only for when it just doesn't matter.

Unknown said...

I think Michael is on to something

meegz said...

Just to make sure PHilip doesn't "mess up" he dresses them in ALL the same color. Blue jeans with a blue shirt, Solid pink pants with solid pink shirt, green pants with green shirt, camo pants with camo shirt. You get the picutre. Bless their souls!:)
I get the kids ready alone on Sundays -- last week Libbie showed up with no shoes. Nobody's perfect.:)

Stacy and Mike said...

You have me rolling. Mike doesn't even attempt to pick out clothes for the kids. So Brian at leasts gets credit for trying. I am going to try your system so I am not getting 4 people ready for church while he just gets himself ready. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I call it Manic Sundays!

Unknown said...

First, it's just the primary program and you won't miss much if you are late. Second, at our house the gripe is when Erik puts on all camouflage, but none of it is the same kind.

leslie said...

I think it is the "Raymond" syndrome--where if you believe he is unable to do it right you won't ask him to do it at all. I mean who would seriously put an outfit like that together on purpose (unless he was really doing it on "purpose"). Ryan does the same thing with loading the dishwasher -- (I do it with laundry--turn a couple pairs of his unders pink and I don't have to do his laundry anymore).

Heather said...

That is pretty funny. Every now and then when Jason will have to change Parker's pants because he had an accident he will end up with totally non-matching clothes because Jason is color-blind. Luckily our system is that I get Parker dressed for church and then he just goes with Jason a half hour early while I finish getting myself dressed! It is great.

Bill Gates II said...

I haven't got to look at blogs for forever. I love that you don't let Brian pick out clothes. I think dad's generally aren't so good at that. My dad wasn't and John is definately NOT! He even has to ask me about his own clothes. Poor guys. At least they give us a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee -- love the shoes!!! We had ours Primary program on Sunday too!

meegz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meegz said...

HOW IN THE HECK did you type 161 WPM? You are good....when I get my desktop back..the competition is ON.:)

Jamie said...

hee hee. Megan you will just have to figure out my little secret :)

Mick and Tiff said...

Oh, funny! I feel like I am reading my own journal entry and not someone else's blog. The only days Mick dresses Addy is when I KNOW we are not going ANYWHERE!!!
So did you go see HSM 3 yet? I am sure you have so how was it??!!!

Jamie said...

Yes, OF COARSE we saw HSM3! We liked it. It wasn't as silly as the 2nd one (Sharpay just didn't get enough screen time) but I still liked it. I got Kali the soundtrack for her birthday so we have to wait a couple more weeks til we can listen to it - it's killing me!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Hey, Glad to hear HM3 is good we are going tonight!
I am impressed that at least your kids will LET Brian get them dressed and pick out an outfit...I am trying to decide which would be worse...Jake or Molly???????? As Molly says " I'm tryin' to find my style Mom"........Too funny! I remember your post with Brian a while ago and it is too funny. I think you and Brian should have a blog where the two of you post and comment on each others. I swear you two are the funniest cutest couple!!!
Hey we need to talk and plan Christmas. Are you coming Home???? Do you like how I called it HOME? What I meant is are you coming back to visit? If you have time let's plan another holiday dinner!
TTYL

5Kgoatgirl said...

Creed had those same transformer shoes - he finally wore the toes off the front so we had to buy new ones...they don't have anything special on them but they are new and cool. :)
I think Brian's style is unique :)

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

I love it! I remember another incident with Brian dressing someone for church. Tom dresses our kids crazy too!