10.22.2008

Just Another Manic Wednesday

Wednesdays are busy days in our house. We go straight from piano lessons to karate lessons to Young Womens, making a stop at Wendy's and eating in the car on our way (sounds like a typical day in most of your lives, I'm sure). Today was more hectic than usual since Brian is in San Francisco, which meant that the kids and I didn't get home til around 8:30 and we still had homework to do.

It also meant that he missed the kid's karate belt presentation ceremony. Prior to class today their Sensei did not inform the kids if they passed the test or not, so I had to prepare them (mainly Caleb) for the possibility that they would not get their belts. Caleb was worried that Kali would move up to the next class without him, but luckily, they both passed! Phew.
Who is the genious mom who flashed the camera in front of a mirror. Oops.
"You must show much respect to your old belt. It has served you well"Now they are officially ready to kick some butt. Don't mess with those two!
Emi and Mom chillin' in the halls.

7 comments:

Mama C said...

That is so awesome. Tell the two butt-kickers congrats. I went to young womens last night to. We went to a corn maze but only lastet 20 minutes because of excessive whining on the part of the girls. Maybe you could send your kids down to practice their butt-kicking on some YWs

leslie said...

Congrats Kali and Caleb! I know you two were not to be messed with. Keep up the good work. I remember the days of leaving in the am and not returning until way after dinner time. It does seem to slow down once the kids can drive themselves -- of course then you are just eating dinner by yourself.
Kali and Caleb will have to show off some of their moves when you guys come this way.

Rach said...

I hate busy days like that. Glad both of your kids are certified butt kickers now!! The picture of Emi is cute.

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

That is so great they do karate. Cole tried it for a little bit and it just wasn't his thing. I feel like we have those crazy, marathon day too often.

Unknown said...

If anyone can pull off a marathon day, it's Jamie.

Mick and Tiff said...

I am glad Kali and Caleb both got their orange belts. I tell ya, I don't want to meet either of them down a dark alley. They would both karate chop me in half. Good job guys!

MAstle said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm proud of both of them.