
I absolutely HATE HATE driving here in the Springs. The roads don't go North-South/East-West. They curve around all over the place, intersect itself, and before I know it I have no idea which direction i'm going and end up 20 miles from my destination. I have literally gotten lost less than a mile from my home. I get extremely angry every time I get lost. I got lost again today going to a park because the googlemaps directions told me to turn on Conejos St. After driving back and forth for over 1/2 an hour and not finding the street, I finally found the park on a street named Cimino. AAARRGGG! I called Brian at work and told him he couldn't come home without a GPS for my car. If he shows up tonight without one, he is in serious trouble.

Anyway, today marks the first day of fall break for K and C. They have 2 weeks off - hurray! Since E and C are still sick with a cold, I wanted to get them out of the house but not do anything too strenuous. So I thought I would go to a park that some friends have been telling me about. It's called America the Beautiful park (downtown on Cimino -
NOT on a street named Conejos that doesn't exist). The big attraction is the big circle art feature which is a water fountain, and during the warmer months they have the sprinklers going at the playground. The water has been turned off, but the kids still had fun. The funnest part for them was throwing sticks from a bridge into the river and watching it come out on the other side (a game they learned from watching Winnie the Pooh).

We had planned on coming out to Utah for Fall break, but since we were just there for my Grandma's funeral, we decided not to make the trip again. So if you have any ideas on how to spend the next 14 days of Fall break, let me know!
16 comments:
Are you guys on year round? I can't believe you have 14 days off. I think I would like that schedule. Did you get your GPS? They are the best! We don't have one, but we borrow my sister's anytime we go anywhere outside of Northern UT. Good luck over the next 14 days. Have fun!
Looks like you have the park pretty much to yourselves. Enjoy the vacation.
I hope you got a GPS!!! I think I have been spoiled living in Utah where the streets make total sense :)
I am so glad that someone else hates the roads here as much as I do. I still get lost occasionally, and like you I get so upset and frustrated. John got a GPS for Father's day and it has been nice.
14 days? Wow!! Your kids looks way big to me. I still think E is a baby. It looks like you are enjoying your adventure together.
If it's not too late get in the car and drive here!
Hey whats yo area code?
I love my GPS and Nate got so use to it that he got himself one. Saves a lot of time!
You crack me up. I suck at directions... I get lost in Utah.
There is nothing more frustrating than getting lost. Did Brian get you the GPS? The park looks awesome!
It really isn't too late to make a drive to St. George though.
I LOOOOOVE our GPS. I don't know how I ever got around in VA without one. Actually I do know...it invovled a lot of pulling over and looking at a ripped map hoping the street I was looking for wasn't torn off. I hope Brian got to go home with GPS in hand for you!!
I guess I'm a couple of days late. You seem to do great at this anyway, but I'd say just be tourists in your own area. Enjoy it while you are there. Our favorite vacations have been to SLC to stay in a hotel and take in things we normally don't.
ENJOY!:)
This is Jenn...we'll try to come to the zoo tomorrow, but since we only have one car now it may be tough. When are you guys going? We'd have to go first thing because Daniel works at 2:30. Call me if you get this. 801-368-7437
First, listen to Elder Wirthlin's talk in conference. He said what to do when you get lost. I think it wasn't to get angry.
Second, now I know why Brian called to find out what kind of GPS I have. Jared and I bought ours at the same time in a Wal-Mart in VA. It was the least expensive Garmin, and it turned out to be one of the best things I've ever purchased, especially for finding my way home from VA. The only thing it didn't have was a warning about the low-hanging branch in front of our house when I pulled in.
Third, to finish fall break, maybe you can just drive around your neighborhood. That should take several days.
That is so nice. I wish we had a Fall Break. Hope you all have a nice vacation.
Love to see someone gets vacation.
jt
Post a Comment