We had such a beautiful day today and there's not a better way to spend it than in the mountains!After raking some leaves, the kids decided to jump in the GINORMOUS pile. OK so we only have one smallish tree in our yard and it was a pretty wimpy pile.
After playing in the leaves we decided to take a little drive up the canyon to see some fall colors. On our way up to Helen Hunt Falls, we stopped at Subway to get lunch. It was the worst experience we've had there. Let's just say Caleb is lucky he did not get abandoned on the highway. He has way too much energy in his six year old body and sometimes he can not contain it. While dealing with the craziness of ordering all of our sandwiches, Caleb was going BONKERS. Emi also added to the chaos by screaming at me for not lifting her up so she could see her lunch being made. Then both were yelling at me to help them get their drinks and chips while i'm still trying to pay. I'm sure the lady that rang us up decided to never have children. Caleb was dragged to the car by dad kicking and screaming, while I convinced Emi by using many threats to calm down. Meanwhile all of the other customers were praying for us to leave with our out-of-control children so they could finish their lunch in peace. Caleb returned very humble and ate his sandwich like a perfect gentleman (well, almost).
Caleb was MUCH happier being in the canyon where he could run, climb, throw rocks, and let out all of that bound up energy. Doesn't his face just say "i like being naughty"? (Those were his exact words to me today.) It's a good thing he's a cute little charmer or he really would be left out on the highway!



6 comments:
Ah! I'm jealous.
well...at least about the colors and weather.:) Gotta love those kids.
Love the new background. Hmmm, that Subway incident sounds familiar. I am sure we have convinced lots of waiters to never have children!!
OH ... I am laughing so hard. It's always funny when it's not you. I had a similar experience this week although I was by myself (ganged up on by 3 kids) at a bakery. AGHHHH the humiliation! That wasn't funny but this is hilarious! :)
Love the beautiful fall colors and your kids look like angels to me.
I know how you feel. I have carried my oldest out several times football style under my arm kicking and screaming. Yes, that was when he was much younger :)
I love fall! We haven't attempted the canyon outing yet. I think I'm too exausted just thinking about it. It's alway nice to hear that we're all in the same boat.
Post a Comment