9.23.2008

3 blogs in one!

Just Me and My Baby
Now that the older two kiddos are in school all day, Emi gets me all to herself (Saturday is "daddy day" and every other day is "mommy-Emi day"). All three of our kids are pretty spaced apart in age and I love that I have been able to have alone time with each one. Emi and I get to go swimming together, go to the park together, visit the library at least twice a week together, have play-dates with friends, and of coarse we don't miss a day at the gym.

Emi on a playdate with her friend Lauren at Mr. Bigg's
Jamie's Perfect Afternoon
So what are you doing when 2:00 p.m. rolls around? Some may be working, others are busily cleaning the house or taking care of the kiddos. Maybe some are watching Days of Our Lives. As for me, at 2:00 p.m. every afternoon you can find me soaking in the tub, sipping a diet coke and reading a good book. I even found a perfect spot on our big round tub to set the laptop so I can turn on the itunes and do my blogging! Add some essential oil with the hot water and I am in heaven. 3:00 p.m. comes too quickly - that's when the kids burst through the door and my hour of peace goes down the drain.

National Stay-At-Home Week
I laughed SO SO hard when this came on during the Olympics. Even watching it now brings tears of laughter, joy, and anticipation to my eyes as tonight is the season premiere of The Office.

6 comments:

meegz said...

Oh -- I wish I were as dedicated as you in the exercise dept. Don't ever stop though -- you keep me going the small amount I do!:)
As for alone Mommy time -- I've got it with Libbie now too. It's my first time and I'm really enjoying it. I 'm afraid she'll be spoiled rotten -- oh well.:)
And as for the BATh -- WHAT? do you get to do that everyday? Why am I not taking advantage of that????
WAHOO -- the office is starting. I've got to go get the DVR ready!

*Jane Lee* said...

I'm so glad you posted the snipping from the Office. I was laughing so hard I had to post it on my blog. Man, I wish we had a DVR - ComCast is coming to our area, but not soon enough. BLAST!

Rach said...

Did you write this post in the bathtub? A whole hour everyday to sit in the bath??? I am JEALOUS!! I love that clip. John and I play "slap face" all the time. We're natural born athletes!!

Ellie McFreaken said...

If you take a bath everyday I M so envious. Only when I am prego do I do that but hings are going to change around here...
Email me your home number ..I can't find it.

Mick and Tiff said...

That bathtime sounds so so nice. I think I am going to have to start doing that.

As for The Office, it was superb. I loved it! So glad to have my good friend Michael Scott back.

Stacy and Mike said...

I am soooo jealous of the hour in the bath. Oh how I wish with all my might that I can do that some day.. it's as refreshing as yoga I bet (minus the soda of course).

The office... the show I love to hate. Thanks for the snippet!