Here are a bunch of very random and unrelated thoughts that are going through my mind at the moment:
- How do I beat Lou on Guitar Hero? Please help.
- How do I convince my little girl to be a princess for Halloween and not a werewolf?
- The lowest recorded gas price here is $3.09. WOO HOO.
- Where do I buy Postum? I can't find it anywhere.
- I thought I was "young" and "hip" and "cool" until one of the Young Women in my ward was scanning through my iPod and asked me who Dave Mathews was. Now I just feel O-L-D.

Ok, so Brian wins many "good hubby" points for getting me a GPS the day of the I-can't-find-the-%$##@-park incident. Considering how cheap and amazing they are, I can't believe we didn't get one 12 months ago! The kids helped program it (thus the vehicle-turned-spaceship and a navigator with a British accent who we named Helga). I have already used it many times, including taking a trip up to the Denver Zoo. Last week the zoo had a free day and we got there bright and early and walked around for 4 hours before the park started getting crazy busy and our legs were all tired out. We saw lots of creatures that we don't have at the zoo here so it was fun. Although the only reason we went was because it was free - we happen to really like the zoo here by us.

Lastly, I am very sad that I lost another running buddy (girl in blue in pictures). She just moved to Texas. Some friends met for a goodbye get-together last week. We had dinner at one of my favorite places (Panera) and went bowling. It was so much fun, even if I didn't score above a 70. I told Laura she had to start a blog so we can all stay in touch with her. Once you get settled, you better start blogging girl!
13 comments:
We are about 50/50 about going to the next free day. We'd for sure be going, but it's on Saturday and is probably going to be a mad house.
Sounds like you had a fun day! Can't beat free!!! By the way, what did you end up doing for 14 days of fall break?
You like Postum?? John grew up on the stuff. I am pretty sure you can get it at Target, or I bet we have a huge can of it I can give you. Don't you love the GPS?
My sister said they stopped making postum. The ipod thing? I just barely got one and the only thing I have on there is Christmas music, musicals, and kids songs. Your YW would be disgusted... my brother in law was.
I read an article somewhere that they aren't making Postum anymore. It mentioned specifically how Mormons were the biggest consumers of it. Funny.
I love the Denver Zoo. I wish they had a free day the day we went. I am glad you are able to get around better with your GPS!
GPS --- wow. That seems to high tech to me.:) We don't have a need for one now (I don't think:)) but you can be sure when we move we'll be getting one.
Postum, ummm, isn't that for grandma's and grandpas? :)
Take care.
I adore our GPS. We use it so often even here in Utah were everything is numbered. (not always) It's great when you are driving at night and it's real dark. I don't drive well at night.
My dad got us a GPS a few months ago. It is awesome! I love the feature where you can look up nearby food and gas stations. It has been very helpful in NYC and DC. Speaking of which, that is where you should go for your mini-vacation. Come visit me! If you fly across the country to NYC or DC, I'll drive the four hours to meet you! Does that sound fair?:)
We got a GPS and it has come in VERY handy when we moved. Makes venturing out not so scary, especially without mountains for navigation!
How can someone, anyone NOT know who Dave Matthews is? That makes me feel old too.
Looks fun. The only time I get to play guitar hero is when we go to mom's house. Jared wants to get it for Christmas but I'm afraid it'll be All consuming...we're thinking about rock band instead, then it can be all consuming for both of us instead of just me.
Postum was invented in 1895 by C.W. Post. Kraft discontinued making it about a year ago. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postum. Maybe you can buy the rights and make and market it yourself.
The no longer make postum...I know bummer because we love it too....you can find it on e-bay for WAY to much money. I was tempted though. I won't tell you our gas is down to 2.45 oops I just did.
Post a Comment