Here are some of the things that happened over Memorial weekend: Caleb graduated from Kindergarten. I wasn't expecting to get emotional, so what a surprise when I started getting teary-eyed during one of the songs! Mrs. B is the best!


Saturday morning my sister Sara and I climbed the "Incline" with two of my friends, Andrea and Katie. It is at the base of Pike's Peak and it's a 2000 ft vertical climb, and you have to take a back trail to get back down because the Incline is too steep to climb down.



We made it to the top! What a gorgeous view! And i'm not just talking about us ladies ;)

Later that morning, Brian, Kali, Emi and I saw an early showing of a highly anticipated movie. I thought the movie took a strange turn, but all in all, it was very entertaining. Very Steven Spielberg. Caleb thought the first three movies were too intense for him and chose to stay home with his cousins.
After that we went to the zoo with Sara and Jared's family. That evening we took all the kids to a pizza & party place for Emi's birthday, followed by cake and ice cream at home.






Memorial Day we tried to get some projects finished around the house. We finally moved Emi out of her crib and into a big girl bed (she was the best sleeper in her crib so I had been dreading this day - but amazingly, she has not tried to climb out of her bed!). Now we just need to paint her bare walls... Brian took a picture of the four of us in this crib because all four of us slept in it as babies!



12 comments:
Hey Jamie! I did see your comment on the Condie's blog, and then I found yours! Your fam is so adorable! I am so good. Just keeping busy with school and work. Life is good though! I totally need your email so we can keep in touch, mine is bridgefunk@msn.com.
Looks like Emi's birthday was a lot of fun.. .and the hike, you guys really are crazy I am pretty sure of that.
That was a really fun hike,at the time...I seriously paid for it this weekend! I'm glad the boys were good for you at the pizza place. Thanks again for that!! Everyone missed you yesterday for memorial day. I didn't think it would hit me that hard, but it was really sad not having you guys there. I cried a lot last night. I don't cry very often but poor Jared has to deal with me being a boob for a while until things finally settle down.
That did look like you had a great weekend even if it wasn't here spending it with us. It was very different not having you guys here at the cemetaries. I don't remember you guys ever not being there! I'm glad Sara and Jared were able to be there with you guys though. It is fun having them back, but now we just need to work on you guys and John and Misa.
Emi's party looks like a blast! I am glad that she had her cousins there with her for the celebration. That hike looks great.....in pictures!! Just kidding! I love hard hikes like that when they make you feel so good at the end that you actually acomplished something so great..
Looks like you've been having so much fun! When are you coming to visit?
I can't believe Kali is going to be in 4th grade!!!!!! Jaime we are getting old girl!
I bet you had a good rest after that weekend! I miss the family memorial day parties every year and I think about when we were younger and would go and see the "graves" with everyone. Those were good times. Weird making memories like that for your children.
Phew -- I'm tired just reading!:) That pikes peak climb looked GREAT! I'd love to do it. How long did it take you?
Oh -- and the crying during K graduation -- yeah, did that too!:)
I never took you for a crier, I'm glad to know that for your kids the tears will come. ;) You didn't tell me that Sara came to see you. HOW FUN!!!! That hike looks like fun. The view looks beautiful! Next year count me in!
That typing thing is addicting hugh. Wow I don't think I have a chance to beat you but don't you worry I will probably try 1000 times.
love ya
-Stacy
I got 89!!!! BUT in all honesty -- I had to try it 5 times!!!LOL
Wow! you make our weekend look pathetic. I wished we would have had better weather. You accomplished everything that would take me a week! WONDER WOMAN!
Post a Comment