5.12.2008

A Victim

So Friday night I showed up at the church at 5 p.m. to help get ready for the Young Women’s fundraiser. We had a pasta dinner/auction night. I was busy in the kitchen all evening scooping up pasta sauce and having a good time, until Brian went out to our car and saw this:

Someone broke into my car and stole my purse. Of coarse when I pulled into the parking lot that evening the thought crossed my mind to grab my purse. But I was also thinking about grabbing the napkins, plastic utensils, the cake I baked for the auction… and then one of the girls came up to the car and we started talking about David Archuleta (“I can’t believe we’re going to miss him singing at the Jazz game!”)

I’m sure by 5:05 my purse was gone. Too bad for the suckers they only made out with about $12 cash. I guess they didn’t care about my camera or cell phone sitting right next to the purse, or my gym bag that holds my precious iPod.

So even though I only lost $12 (plus $75 it’s going to cost us to fix the windshield), I lost an entire weekend because I spent it on the phone with various banks and credit card companies canceling all of our accounts. Not to mention the time it's going to take this week to get the windshield fixed, open up a new checking account, get a new drivers license, etc...

I hope those %$#*&%$s enjoyed whatever they spent the $12 on.

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

So sorry about this! Carol told us yesterday. That sucks! We missed you yesterday. Hope you guys had a nice Mom's Day.

Stacy and Mike said...

Oh that is so frustrating!!! AGHHHHH! Some People! Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day! Miss you.

Stacy and Mike said...

Oh that is so frustrating!!! AGHHHHH! Some People! Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day! Miss you.

Bill Gates II said...

So sorry about your car. I don't understand why people think they can do things like that. Our friends the York's lost most of their valuables when their house was broken into a few months ago. It was so devistating. I am so sorry. It must be so exhausting to recover from things like that. I hope you had some relaxation on Mother's day. Hopefully this week will be better.

Katrina said...

stupid pieces of crap!

Ellie McFreaken said...

So Sorry Jaime! I hope it all works out and that it is no too much of a pain in the tush for ya. Have you heard of the phrase: Mean people Suck!

Anonymous said...

I have to share my condolences too. What a crappy weekend! I hope he got scratched up in the process!

Unknown said...

For the record, it was the passenger side window -- not the windshield.

To eliminate my deep dislike for the gommer who took Jamie's stuff, messed up our weekend, and busted the window in Jamie's car, I imagine the perp as an 18 year old kid whose father died a few years ago, who has a disabled mother that can't work, and 6 little brothers and sisters who were hungry. So now I feel bad there wasn't a little more cash for him to take.

Heather said...

I am beginning to think that the Sequoia is bad luck for you guys. Just kidding. That really does suck. Something like that would just stress me out to the max. I never have cash in my purse either but it is all of the other stuff that makes you sick to lose. I hope you get everything taken care of. Here is something that might make you feel a little better. At least you only have to spend $75 to fix your windshield. We have to spend $2,000 to fix our A/C on our Trailblazer. There went our nice tax credit.

meegz said...

LOVED Brian's post -- I have to think like that a lot too -- otherwise..my evil side takes over!
Sooo sorry! Life likes to throw us curve balls a lot doesn't it??
At least they didn't take any ONE!

Mick and Tiff said...

That is very crappy! I am sorry guys. I hope you got everything squared away. Maybe you need to move back to Utah because things like that don't happen here. :) ha ha.... I hope he/she bought some milk and bread with that $12.

Mick and Tiff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

That is so lame! A church parking lot? While you busy serving others? Geez, what's next? A little old lady? Sorry about that Jamie.

condiefamily said...

NOT COOL! Been there-8 months prego, carrying sleeping 1.5 yr old, plate of cookies, in November (BRRR) visiting my grandma in the hospital-how pathetic is that! Cars and purses should be immune to criminals when you're at CHURCH-or visiting sick grandmas-don't ya think?