
I do laundry every Tuesday and Friday. I have five baskets to fold and organi
ze them in to. Sounds good in theory. Now if only I could put it into practice. After the clothes come out of the dryer they end up in a pile on the family room floor and stay there for a day or two. Then a neighbor calls to tell me she’s coming over so I shove them back into the empty baskets and hide them in the laundry room. Eventually they get folded into individual baskets, I carry them all to their
respective rooms, and that’s where they sit. Then it’s laundry day again, so I carry the baskets back downstairs and pile more clothes in. That only works for a week or two because eventually the baskets will stop holding clothes. So I end up dumping the nicely folded clothes onto the bedroom floor. I might eventually move the pile onto the closet floor.
After this repeats for a few weeks, eventually I put all of the clothes in their proper place. But then I think, "why did I bother?" Tomorrow is Friday and I have to start all over again. 
AAAAAh. All is well in the clothes department. At least for a moment. Oh and one more thing – ironing? You can forget it. I haven’t touched one of those things since 1997.
18 comments:
I know the feeling and there's only two of us. I wash clothes then piles the clean ones on my bed until I can fold them and put them away... then its time for bed so they get pushed onto my floor... and sit and sit until I get tired of sorting through looking for a certain item... I do it every week though.
Maybe you could assign the job to your kids ;)
I laughed out loud! Probably because I understand. I have baskets (on shelves) in my laundry room. Everyone is suppose to empty them out everyday. They get emptied when I finally yell because they are overfilled! Actually Doug is really nice and folds the clothes at night. Whether or not they get put away is a different story... Thanks for the laugh and for letting me know I'm not alone!
I already heard the plight but it's funnier reading it and the pictures are great. Laundry is just one of those things that will always and forever be monotonous. Like we talked about before... If only we had a maid?!!! When the kids are moved out and you can afford to send everything to the launders do you think you'll miss it though? I mean maybe those piles bring comfort in some way. Maybe they say... I have wonderful little bodies in my home whom I am able to clothe, whom I love and love me back, rely on me for most everything. If those piles were not there maybe some level of comfort would be amiss?
PS. LOVE THE BED SPREAD AND PILLOWS!!!
I am glad I am not the only one with Laundry issues. When I think of adding another person to our family the laundry they would contribute weighs me down. I like Jennifer's idea. Assign it to the kids. I can't wait for that day!!!
Yes, I know what you mean like everybody else. And the ironing is a whole different story. I am kind of embarrased because Jason goes to work with his nice dress shirts that have the button part all folded over and wrinkled because I didn't iron and of course he isn't going to do it!
LOVE this real life post!!!:) I'm at a hotel and I'm checking your blog -- can you say ADDICTED???:) I'm at womens conf.-- maybe there's a class on addictions??:)
If Jared want's ironing done (which is rare) he has to do it himself. We've been married 5 years and I've ironed his clothes twice that I can remember. Oh well. This is why when he asks me whether I like a dentist in a nice shirt or scrubs I always say SCRUBS!!
I don't iron. Well, I iron like twice a year when it's absolutely necessary that some ruffles be flattened out. I've never owned spray starch. I know people that find these facts incomprehensible. I'm SO glad you aren't one of them!
Jamie. So, your bed looks quite lovely. I have so many clothes that I haven't worn in years just because I don't want to iron them. My mom is so ashamed sometimes. One time, I dropped off my kids and was going to go somewhere and she made me take off my skirt so she could iron it. I iron my kids clothes, though. They are always dressed better than I am.
I so understand! Laundry has become a dirty word in my book! Yuck! No Thank You!
Hi! The link to my other blog is is CYIcansmile.blogspot.com. Hope your family likes the recipe.
I do the same thing! And from the sound of things- we all relate. When I moved, I didn't realize that the iron had broken in the process until 2 years later! I love the way you made certain words stand out in the post- so, so cute!
I do the exact same thing! Got a basket on the top on my dyer this minute...too funny!
Jaime...Your laundry doesn't even look half as bad as mine girl!
I despise laundry! ANd I hate it even more this week because I got poison ivy AGAIN and I have to wash everything!
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Thanks for checking out my baby blog...way cute family yourself!!!
The worst part for me is the last load that gets forgotten and left in the dryer until the next laundry day. Now those are some wrinkles.
Hello my friend (as caleb would say;)) Happy Mothers' Day to you too!!! ENJOY!!
Jamie, I'm so slow!! I don't think I even looked at your full name when you commented on my blog so I assumed you were one of Christina's friends from another life (you know...Chicago, Russia, etc.). You're my Lion-King listening 1st-yr-of-college-friend!
Post a Comment