It's not the bugs.
It's not the tornadoes.
Or the ice storms.
I'm afraid of the HUMIDITY.
and what it will do to my HAIR.
But I wanted to straighten my hair anyway.
Even with the humidity.
I wanted to straighten my hair anyway.
Are you ready for this?
Do you really want to see?
It brought back memories of my hair in Japan (also very humid there.)
And I thought my mom always made me wear a hat because it was the style. Notice in the second picture that i'm the smallest kid in the bunch yet my hat is the only one that doesn't fit.And if you're wondering what in the world we are all wearing...Our school used to have races where they would set up obstacle courses, etc. It was kind of a big thing.
So I figure I have two choices:
1. Go for the teacher/old maid/spinster look,

or 2) do the Natalie Portman look from "V for Vendetta".
(boy, she looks scarier than me.)

So I figure I have two choices:
1. Go for the teacher/old maid/spinster look,

or 2) do the Natalie Portman look from "V for Vendetta".
(boy, she looks scarier than me.)On a less scary note...
Yesterday morning I took Brian on a run around a lake right by us. It was only in the mid 70s so it was a perfect day to run outside.
Yesterday morning I took Brian on a run around a lake right by us. It was only in the mid 70s so it was a perfect day to run outside.



7 comments:
I finally had to break down and buy a Chi. With a lot of straightening product and the hot flat iron my hair isn't as scary. Just a thought.
I like your curly hair, as in Japan, not necessarily as in scary frizzy. I saw a girl in a small sailboat tip it over on Wanship last week when she got it sideways to the wind. I was kayaking there because Jordanelle was closed for a triathlon.
seriously, this post make me laugh. Out loud. For a long time!
Sorry about the humidity. I guess you will be curly for the next some odd years until you move again... (hee hee)
I guess you could always have thin, scragly hair like mine that never has this problem...
You should totally go for the Natalie Portman look.
I Loved this post. I tried calling you today but the number said it was not in service. WHAT THE WHAT?
I love your hair! And if we can go sailing...why don't you get a sail boat? HOW FUN would that be? running around the lake with hubby that sounds awesome! I love the younger pics of you in Japan. Your Mom does not age AT ALL! Hum... now I know where you get it from. Man I miss you.
ps. Love all the Mt Rushmore pics too. YOu guys sure do know how to vaca!
pss. Love Kali's new haircut and specs!
You crack me up!! I remember growing up in Texas with the humidity. I have some scary pictures from my childhood! I agree with Brian, go for the Natalie Portman look! ;)
A couple products you should try out. They are both by Redkin and work very well. One is STRAIGHT 05 STRAIGHTENING BALM. It will help straighten your hair and help with any frizziness and is humidity resistant. The other is an Anti Frizz Shinier. It will smooth, refine and block of humidity to help with frizz control. I hope they work for you let me know what you think.
-Taylor Cox
Post a Comment