9.01.2009

My baby up and went off to school...

Emi was my baby that was supposed to stay like this forever:





But, she has a mind of her own and decided that she is now a big girl. So big, in fact, that she decided she should go to school like her big brother and sister. So off to Pre K she went. And don't call it Preschool. Preschool "is for 3 year old babies, you know." (Emi is going through a phase where she says "you know" at the end of every sentence.) PreK is for kids who will be going to Kindergarten the following year.












She was more than ready.


Not mom, though.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do they insist on growing up? And why must they do it so dang fast!! She looks so cute in those pictures. Did you plan anything exciting for your kid free time?




I am not sure about Spudman next year. I got in this year and then chicken out of the Olympic distance. Maybe by next summer I will feel better about that distance!

Mel said...

It is hard to see your littlest one go off for the first time. Harder than any other I think, but look at the time you can have to yourself to be a happy mom for them when they return!

Sara said...

so cute!! One HUGE plus for living outside of utah...PreK!!!! Man, how I envy you and Misa.

Rach said...

Aww, your baby is in school. She looks so cute! I am going to be the same way when my baby goes to school. Why can't they just stay little?

Jennifer said...

Stanton had his first day today
:( They are getting so big... too fast.

Stacy and Mike said...

She was an adorable baby and she is an adorable "going into kindergarten next year girl" too.
Solution to them growing up... Have another one!

Angela said...

She was such an adorable baby! Time flies doesn't it? I am trying to live in the moment and "be" in the moment more!

Grandma Austin said...

Emi--you are beautiful!!

Heather said...

She is so cute! It is so crazy to look back at the pictures when they were all so little. Parker had his first day (orientation day) of Pre-K today. His first official day is Friday. Now what do I do with my 2 1/2 hours he is gone for three days?