3.25.2009

Spring Break Part II: The Warm Desert

Canyonlands Half Marathon, Moab, UT:

This was my third year running in this race. It is one of my favorites and I hope to do it every year for at least 20 more years! It was even more fun this year 'cause I got to run with my sister.
Me with my much taller and prettier sister Sara

Happy Happy Birthday! I would tell you how old my mom is but she might get mad.
OK I'll tell you - she turned the big 6-0!

Arches National Park:

Brian and Jared waaaay up high



My dad takes much better pictures so I usually just count on him to take the shots:

16 comments:

Katrina said...

I love Moab. Good job on the half!

Anonymous said...

So how did you do in the race? I am sure you did awesome. Now is your sister tall for your family or are you not so tall for your family :)

Rach said...

I was wondering when you were going to post about your run. How did you do?? I love, love, LOVE that picture you took of Emi- where she is laying on the sand smiling. Great job!!

Jamie said...

My time was 1:54:03 which is a 8:42 min mile. My goal for next year will be to break the 1:50. I gotta do it! AND....I guess you could say I am short for my family since both of my siblings are tall. Although I am taller than both of my Grandmas.

Stacy and Mike said...

I remember the days when we used to go to Moab together....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.


Great job with the run time ... WOW!!!...oh and yea your sister is taller than I thought!!

Don't you worry.. I'll be there for you when you shrink to reach the high stuff for you!

Mel said...

I love Arches! I think I said that before

Brownie Bites said...

I love Arches too. What a way fun spring break.

Mick and Tiff said...

Great job on the marathon. You did get great shots of Arches (both you and your dad). Sara may be taller but prettier is a hard one when you both look so great!!

Happy Birthday Chieko!

Alison Ward said...

Fun!! glad your new music got you through the race, at least I assume it did :) I miss the red rocks!

Brandon and Sommar said...

Congrats on the race. The only thing I can do for 2 hours striaght is watch T.V. and eat!!! The arches look like fun. Your pictures look great. We'll give you a call this week. I am sure Jax will want to play.

5Kgoatgirl said...

So now I kind of have an idea of how fast I won't be going. :) Congrates - First I thought you and Sara dressed as twins but not quite. Maybe jennifer and i should dress a like for our 1/2 - leopard print maybe????

Heather said...

Great job! I'm glad Sara was able to run it with you this year. I love all of the pictures. I haven't been to Moab in such a long time. Jason loved all of your pictures of Glenwood Springs. He served in that area on his mission for awhile. He said he had the same pictures of him and his companion standing on the tree and stuff. Pretty funny!

Angela said...

You rock! That is so cool that you run all these marathons. Looks like you guys had a blast over spring break.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Good Job Girl! One of these years maybe Stace and I will join you!!
We were supposed to head down to Moab this weekend but plans changed. I miss it down there!
Miss YOU!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

You are amazing! I'm glad you had a great spring break!

Grandma Austin said...

Michael is a wonderful photographer, but don't sell yourself short, Jamie. You have a beautifully creative way to look at space and subjects. You are very good already and have had your camera for only a short time.