3.12.2009

I'm Serious, People!

This is an official call for all of you to give me some song ideas to add to my Moab 1/2 marathon playlist. I know that every one of you listens to music, and a lot of you are runners, so I need to know what songs get your heart pumpin'!

My one requirement is this: It has to be fast and loud enough to make my ears bleed. If the pain in my ears outweighs the pain in my legs, then it serves its purpose.

You only have one week to fulfill this assignment, so start sendin' them my way! If you fail to leave me a comment, I will HUNT YOU DOWN!

Oh, and thanks.

In return, I will share with you some of my favorite songs of the moment:

17 comments:

Rach said...

These are some of the songs currently on my "exercise playlist". I don't know if they will make your ears bleed, but I like them. Gotta Be Somebody by Nickelback, How Far We've Come by Matchbox Twenty, and So What by Pink. Good luck in Moab!!

Alison Ward said...

OK, you know I am not a big runner, but when I did run for like one month last summer. . . I pumped American Idiot from Green Day. The whole album basically is loud and fast, there's a couple songs you could weed out, but it's great. Good luck on the run!! I'm sure you'll kick butt like you always do!

Anonymous said...

Okay first of all you must have
Just Fine by Mary J Blige!! I do not normally like her type of music but this is the best running song. Also Brass Monkey by the Beatie boys. Again not my usual music genre but it gets me going. Another one is Run by Ben Kweller. It won't make your ears bleed but is is all about running. If you are into country music at all there is one song called If you are going through hell by Rodney Adkins and one called one foot in front of the other by george straight. Both really motivational but if you hate country than probably not for you.

Good luck in your race!! Thanks for sharing you playlist!

Rod and Jess said...

You need Nita's playlists - they'll get you going! Can you use headphones in this race? Did you hear that they are starting to disqualify runners that use them if they aren't supposed to? Better learn to love the sound of that river! Good luck to you! I am missing it soooo much! Run a few miles on behalf of me!

Dirk and Trish said...

Another friend asked for running music on her blog, and since I never know the title or artist of songs, I'm just copying from the replies she got:
Feel your Love - Kim Sozzi
Poker Face - Lady GaGa (JDB Remix)
Medicine - Kim Leoni
Breathe Life - Liquid Nation (Fish and Chips radio Edit)
Every Word - Ercola (Wendel Kos Radio Edit)
Miles Away - Madonna (Johnny Vicious Edit)
I Hate this Part - Pussycat Dolls (Dave Aude Remix)
Single Ladies - Beyonce (Dave Aude Remix club version)
All american Rejects album Move Along is upbeat..um...I also love Fall out boy...and to my recollection, there aren't any curse words...um...I like me some Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams Summer of 69 is GREAT...OH! Leona Lewis has some good stuff...and Paramore, especially CrushCrushCrush and Misery Business...Hey ya by outkast would be fun to walk to...hmmm...The Veronicas songs: Goodbye to you, 4ever, Leave me alone are upbeat and fun...
Journey's Don't Stop Believin' is awesome, along with Wheel in the Sky. Check out their greatest hits album for a quick reference. And there's the standards like Eye of the Tiger. I like Chicago (the group), 3 Doors Down, Toto (love Africa--btw, they were classically trained musicians who decided to form a rock band, and one of the most successful ones at that), REO Speedwagon.

Christy said...

sorry I don't listen to music when I run and the music I listen to is too slow to run to. But Brian suggests lamb of god, disturbed, escape the fate, three days grace. He thinks that this will get your ears bleeding. HAHA have fun.
discloser: I don't listen to this music so I cannot be held accountable to what you might find when looking these bands up and if the music is not what you are looking for. ;-)

meegz said...

oh dear, I think I've failed you on this one. I watch TV when I run.:) Angie B had better step up -- she's the one with some soul!:)

Jenn said...

When I bike I listen to a lot of Linkin Park. Some of their stuff is slow, but most of it is loud and has a good beat. There are some words you won't want your kids to hear. A few of the loud/fast ones I like are: Bleed It Out, Faint, Given Up, By Myself, In the End, One Step Closer, No MOre Sorrow, Numb, and What I've Done. Green Day is also good.

Bench Family said...

I'm so glad you did this! I don't have any good ones to add, but I'm going to steal all yours!

Jennifer said...

PINK is awesome for running too. I also like to run to Christina Aguilera, she's got a lot of good songs to get ya going... I like watching my dvd player when I run on the treadmill... maybe you could rig one of those up in front of you while you run :) then bring an episode or two of '24' and you'll be good.

Bill Gates II said...

Two Step (Dave Matthews Band)--won't make your ears bleed but will keep a quick pace.

Take me out (Franz Ferdinand)

If you really want your ears to bleed you can always try old school Metallica like Battery or Damage Inc. (though you may need to sensor those for Brian)

Unknown said...

You need something like Ministry. Very fast beat and loud music. I've got all sorts of loud music :)

Brandon and Sommar said...

Here are a couple that I like.
Get Me Bodied- Beyonce
Flat on the Floor- Nickelback
Safer on the outside- American Hi Fi

Good Luck!!!

MAstle said...

I exercise to Air Supply.

Anonymous said...

I don't listen to music usually when exercising, but in college, when my roomies and I wanted a loud, rocking, impromptu dance party we always pulled out No Doubt, Styx, Queen, Spin Doctors, and Violent Fems. Have fun running!

Stacy and Mike said...

I exercise, oh wait... no I don't.

Christina said...

I hate exercise. But if I didn't, it would be to that Jai Ho song from Slum Dog Millionaire. Courtney did a neat thing when she ran the St. George marathon. She took a little paper with a list of people that she loves. 26 of them. Then each mile she would think about a different person. I thought it was a good idea.