3.08.2009

I should be medicated.

I quit caffeine and all forms of soda on Tuesday. I really don't know why. We'll see how long I last before I totally lose it.

I think we over did it the last two Saturdays. We painted all three kid's rooms. On Monday night, I tried to stay awake until 10:00 p.m. but fell asleep before 9:00. I forgot to turn on my alarm and slept in past 6:00 a.m. It was great for me, not so great for my friend who was waiting for me at the corner to go for a run.

It was cold and snowing yesterday so we didn't do much of anything. Kali had a (boy)friend over. She has two friends named Ryan who always show up here. I don't know what to make of that. I use Caleb as my spy. Ryan invited himself to come to church with us today - should be fun.

Speaking of church, I didn't know that Brian had set all of the clocks forward, so I showed up to Ryan's house an hour early to pick him up. Nice.

Here is a tip:
If you get takeout Thai food and serve it on your fancy dishes, your family will think you're an amazing cook and they will be totally impressed. I love Thai curry.

Have you ever tried Fiber One cereals? They are amazing. I try to get as much fiber into my diet as possible (I won't go into any details...) and I LOVE these:

This only has 60 calories per serving and 14 grams of fiber. That's insane! I add splenda and some fruit to add some flavor.

This one is yummy. It's more of a sugary treat for me.
Ok, seriously, who is going to bring me over a diet coke? NOW???

10 comments:

Laura Watson said...

I love that cereal. The Thai food looks good too. I miss you. Its so fun to read your blog. Laura

MAstle said...

You had me with the Thai curry, but I'm not so sure about the fiber cereal. Does it taste better than oak sawdust? I quit caffeine sugar drinks last year, but I still drink caffeine-free diet. My body thinks I'm drinking the old stuff but wants to know where the caffeine-sugar buzz is, so it asks for more. Now I drink more caffeine-free diet than I did of the loaded drinks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review of the cereal. I am always afraid to buy new ones because they are EXPENSIVE and then if I hate it, it is such a waste.

Oh and now I want some Thai food :)

Rach said...

Yeah, we tried to do the no soda thing for a while. I think we lasted a month. Now, we just try to drink them sparingly (good thing we have a soda machine, huh?). I like the fiber one cereals also. Have you tried Kashi? John and I think it tastes like styrofoam. Your kids rooms look great!

Christy said...

Stay strong you can do it. Soda is bad!!

Bill Gates II said...

I have tried to get rid of my crutch so many times. Good luck, I am sure you will do great!!!

Stacy and Mike said...

No Soda - Take 10! This time it will stick... I know it will!

For the couponers the FIBER ONE stuff was really cheap a few weeks ago at Albertsons plus coupons.

Kali has boys that like her ALREADY!!!!!!! Does Brian have his shot gun in the entry way.......maybe the one "Ryan" will back away if you pick him up for church an hour early every week. Good Job!

OH how I wish I was there to try that Thai Curry. We love it and fondly remember the days of double dates and eating Indian food.

Love this post love you. Have a great day!

Tara said...

I didn't realize that "Ryan" was with Kali!!! He seemed like a really cute kid in primary yesterday. He was even raising his hand and answering questions. It seemed like he was having a great time!

As far as the no soda thing... WHY in the world would you want to do that?!!!! Kidding...I need to kick my Diet Coke habit, too. I miss the Diet Pepsi JAZZ (black cherry-vanilla). I'm not a Pepsi fan except for that! I can't find it anymore. :( so saaad....

Anonymous said...

You know, the funny thing is that if you stay off the soda long enough, it's hard to drink a whole can again later. I just don't like the carbonation anymore. I get my fix on Kool-aid now. I only put half of the sugar suggested, so I don't feel so badly about it. (And it still tastes just as good that way)

DeAnna said...

Be careful with Splenda....it has been known to cause cancer and I want to have you stick around! Good tip on the cereal! Thanks!