12.09.2008

Huh? A snow day for this? p.s. grab a tissue.


Add ImageIt looks like a nice day today but it is bitter cold and the roads are very icy. Still, I am always surprised when they delay or cancel school here. I guess the buses have a hard time getting up the hills in certain areas of our school district.
Why am I making crazy faces, you ask? Well, that is the wrong question my friends. The question is, why am I wearing glasses. And the answer is, it's because I watched this video and teared up and lost a contact.

They always show these kinds of videos on the news and I cry every time.

Since the kids missed school, they decided to create their own school in our front room. All Caleb learned was how to bug Kali and her friends (but he was already a master at that).

8 comments:

Rach said...

I don't get the snow days here either. I think if they are having that many problems out East, maybe we shoudl split the district?? That's just me though. I couldn't get the video to run, but I bet it was good if it made you cry.

Weavers said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes pictures look so good. I guess good genes run in the family...move over America's next top model!!

Christy said...

In Phelan CA they would shut down school over 1/2 an inch of snow.I loved it back then but after living here for 8 years it now seems crazy. But it had something to do with the insurance on the school buses. And I teared up on that video last night. Jeremy made me watch it after I said NO!

Mel said...

Snow days are crazy here, that is for sure. The buses are out east so if it is bad there, then they can't get the them in to pick up kids. I have always thought the district was in need of a split since the weather is so different out in Falcon. But I am only a parent, right?! I actually like snow days now since I can be more lazy in the mornings if they don't go. I guess it is better when your kids are older.

Tara said...

I think that they should put the district in zones and only close the zones they need to when it snows. That's just my 2 cents...take it or leave it! :)

I'm gonna have to come back to the video clip...I can't have a good cry right now...so unitl later...

Ellie McFreaken said...

Girl why ya gotta make me cry????
Love that video!

You my friend are a hottie in glasses! Molly is getting hers this week!

5Kgoatgirl said...

Our kids were sad the other day because we had more snow than that and school was not canceled..they are spoiled. Usually a sighting or a change can cancel school...ICE is a bad thing for sure!

Stacy and Mike said...

Good thing I am wearing glasses or I would have lost a contact too. You look great in glasses by the way!
It is snowing in St. George right now!

Did you hear the plan?
23rd GIRLS NIGHT OUT ON THE TOWN
26th DINNER WITH OUR FAMS