12.15.2008

Three Little Monkeys

I would like to thank my dad for "encouraging" my kids to jump from the coffee table to the couch so he could get a picture of them as they were flying in the air. I don't have those pictures but I'm sure my dad still does. Ever since that night, my kids are constantly jumping like monkeys, each time moving the table farther and farther away from the couch.

Anyway, that was a couple of years ago, and since then K and C have taught Emi how much fun this game is. She is pretty impressive - she can jump pretty far.

Let's not forget to mention that my dad never would have let me and my siblings jump on furniture.

So I figure, if my kids ever get hurt from their monkeying around and need stitches, I know who to send the bill to.

My dad is lucky this time - Emi got away with just a nice bump on her eye after landing on the corner of the coffee table.
I hope you are happy, Grandpa.
She keeps making us laugh because she wants to tell everyone that she has a booze (bruise) and she also says she can see her booze.

10 comments:

leslie said...

Aren't Grandpas awesome that way. I am sure your Grandpa let you do things that your parents didn't. Emi is tough. Let her show people her booze.

meegz said...

Seems to be the season. See http://adaugslife.blogspot.com/2008/12/it-had-to-hurt.html.

Emi seems to be a pretty tough girl. If she's excited to see her booze, she can handle it. Gotta love that grandparent mentality. We get to do it to our kids one day.:)

Tara said...

Man that is quite the "booze"!! I can't believe it didn't split!
Morgan had to get 6 stitches on her 2nd b-day. She and Nicole were running around and she fell and hit the back corner of the door. Split it right between her eyes!

Poor Emi! I bet she can see that thing!

Christy said...

Oh poor thing. Yes parents seem to change once they become grandparents don't they. I know my mom sure has. That would make a good blog wouldn't it.

Rach said...

Wow, that's a shiner! John's Dad has told us a few things our boys could do around the house, luckily he has never told them. Grandpa's are great!

Anonymous said...

Stinkin grandparents!!! :)

Stacy and Mike said...

Silly Grandpa!!!

MAstle said...

Oops. Looks like I clicked on the wrong blog by mistake. I thought I was reading my daughter's blog, but when I read that she let her kids jump on the furniture I realized this must be some other family's blog. My children would never let their children do something so irresponsible.

Jamie said...

It was very horrible when Emi hit her eye!

Jamie said...

Oh, by the way, this is Kali.