I am a little delirious right now so I hope these answers will make sense. Brian is in SF, and just as I turned out the lights at midnight, (I was up late trying to finish a book) Emi came in complaining that her ear hurt. It is the saddest thing to have to listen to your child be in so much pain but not be able to do anything about it. I heard once that blowing air from a hair dyer relieves the pain, so basically from 12 to 5 a.m. I held a hair dryer to her ear. Lucky for me, Emi did not want to share my empty king size bed. She wanted me to sleep with her in her tiny twin size bed. The words “Ms. Saleslady, we will just buy the cheapest mattress you have ‘cause it’s just for our two year old” are biting me in the butt. I took her in to the doctor today and surprise, surprise, NO ear infection. Doctor said she could see the tube coming out and that was what was causing the pain. Did any of your kids go through that? I thought it would be painless when it came out. Anyway, I was mad because ear infections clear right up, but who knows how long Emi will suffer while the tube pushes its way out. Ok, getting back to the task at hand!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags ‘cause I’m lazy but I always wrap the kid’s ‘cause ripping presents open is the funnest part!
2. Real tree or Artificial? I LOVE real trees, but to save our marriage, we use an easy-to-put-up, pre-lit tree. We thought the Turner’s idea of buying a potted tree and then planting it after the holidays was the best idea ever, but we tried that one year and killed the tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? January 1st.
5. Do you like eggnog? YES! Yummm. My Grandma used to make the best eggnog.
6. Favorite gift received as child? I was a teenager, not a child, but a Leather Jacket and Skiis.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad--if he wants it he already has it.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Emi. And me, I tell you exactly what I want and I am happy with anything.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a beautiful one my MIL gave me for Christmas a few years back, and two other cheap ones that I put up just to let my kids play with.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Emailed Christmas cards are too impersonal!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A boyfriend dumped me on Christmas eve, that was a crappy present.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Isn’t The Christmas Story everybody’s favorite?
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually right after Thanksgiving but never finish until Christmas Eve.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? YES!
15. Favorite thing to eat or drink at Christmas? I like it all!
16. Lights on the tree? Clear lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Colbie Coillat’s “Mistletoe”
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home, but since we moved away from all of our family, we will spend the holidays traveling.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Only if I sing the song.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. Luckily our kids sleep in Christmas morning so it’s not too early.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Ornery shoppers.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I got a bunch of ornaments from Pier 1 the day after Christmas for 75% off and I love them.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I love it all!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? New biking shorts.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? ???
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? ???
28. Favorite thing about Christmas? Seeing my kid’s excitement, and being with family.
Phew. Now that I finished that I need to go get me a diet coke.
Happy Holidays!
7 comments:
Sorry about the ear thing -- I don't know what to tell you either, somehow none of my kids have had tubes put in.
Love the questionarre. If I am looking for stuff to post about I may steal it :) My favorite Christmas movie is Christmas vacation!!
Christmas Story is 25 years old this year. That is still one of the greatest movies. We always watch that and Home Alone around Christmas.
STILL on DIET COKE???????????????
Poor Emi!
I love the idea of a potted tree, I need to remember that for next year!
Can't wait to see you!
22nd work for you?
Love the list--weird how similar we are (sorry, you probably did not want to hear that).
Too bad for emi--isn't there something they can do?
Poor Emi! It's so tough to deal with sick kiddos, but even worse when you're single-mommin' it for a few days. It drains me so much! We are doing better, but still contagious, so we won't be at church again.
Sorry about her ears. Wow, 4 hours with a blow dryer. She better never accuse you of being a bad mom. Ever.
Stanton's tubes, one fell out and the other was coming out and so the doctor just pulled it out... hope it falls out soon if it already hasn't, that sucks. It really sucks when the kids are sick or in pain. Wouldn't just be easier if we could do it for them :)
Post a Comment