My Grandma Astle passed away this morning. My Grandma and Grandpa Astle are one of the biggest influences in my life and most of my happy childhood memories are of spending time at their house with all of my cousins and other relatives. Actually, a lot of my happy adult memories are of spending time at their house with all of my cousins and other relatives. Even when we lived in Saratoga Springs, we went to Murray every Sunday and visited at their house. Everyone in my family flocks there.
I'm very grateful to have a wonderful family and I know my Grandma is the biggest reason that we are all so close. She made everyone feel like they were the most special person on the planet and was always very positive. Plus she always made us laugh.
When we lived in Japan, my Grandparents came to visit us when I was about 8 or 9 years old. The first thing my Grandma said to me was, "come and give me a great big hug - I've been waiting years for one of those!" I know that is the same thing she will say to me when I see her again.
I love you Grandma!
20 comments:
This post just made me cry. Grandma's are the best and it's sooo sad not to have them around anymore. I hope you cry lots because she definitley needs to be mourned over. Love you and I'll be thinking of you and calling you soon.
Oh, Jamie, I'm so sorry! These things are never easy. Just from the couple of time I was with her, she is an amazing woman! Are you going to be able to make it out for the funeral and stuff? Let me know details. Love ya!
Jaime, you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Your Grandma sounds like an amazing woman! Please let us know if you need ANYTHING.
There truly is something special about Grandmas. She sounds like a true blessing in your life. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Wow! That last little paragraph about hugs just did me in. She was such a great lady and our family will not be the same without her.
It is nice to hear how others felt about her. She will be missed so much by all of us. I bet her parents felt like Grandma did when she arrived in Japan to see you. :)
Oh sweetie -- we jsut went through this in our family with nathan's grandpa. There is nothing in this world quite like a grandparent. You will see her again!! {{HUGS}}
I am so sorry. This has been a bad week for deaths. It does make you want to give all of your love ones a big hug. So consider yourself hugged!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I felt your love for her through these pictures and words.
I agree with Stacy -- many tears should be shed -- and then, you'll find a great way to always remember her, I'm sure!
Thank Heavens for knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.
take care!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma Jamie, there's always a special spot in your heart for a grandparent. Hope you and your family are doing ok, we'll be thinking of you.
Grandparents are so special and I could feel how special she is to you. I 'm really sorry and I will be thinking of you and your family.
When I think of Grandparents that is what I think of...Hugs!
Love Ya..I'll call you tomorrow.
Jamie, we are so sorry to hear about your grandmothers passing. Death is always hard. Tom's aunt just passed away last Friday from Liver cancer. She was only 60. She was like a second mom to Tom. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
It has been so hard being so far away. Thank you for your thoughts. I feel like I mostly know her from John's memories because we only saw her a few times a year. But I can truly say that she always made me feel welcome and loved(and she always made me laugh). She was so beautiful. You guys are so lucky to have had a grandma like Sally.
I love all of the pictures you have even if you stole a picture from Daniel. This is definitely not an easy time for any of us. It will be good to see you guys again, I just wish that you were coming for a different reason. I hope you guys drive safe too!!!
Aren't you blessed to have had so much quality time with such a special Grandma!?! You have great memories, pictures and (even better) a great example to follow. Sorry to hear about your loss.
Your lucky to have your grandparents still. That's really neat.
Love the pic of them after they just finished eating Papa Smurf.
jt
Jamie,
This post was way too close to home for me. I am so sorry for your loss.
Jamie, don't know if you'll get this but I can't find your cell # (it got swallowed up into space!). I heard the rumor you might be coming to the valley this weekend. Are you? Call me so we can see if we can meet up sometime- Katie would LOVE to see Kali. Do you have my #?
Your grandma sounds like the kind of person this world needs more of. I am so sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment