The entire week was very difficult and very sad for all of us. The hardest part was seeing my Grandpa so sad. I have never seen my Grandpa apart from my Grandma in all my life, and the hardest part about the funeral was sitting around at the cemetery waiting for my Grandpa to tell everybody he was ready to leave. (It took a while.)
It's strange how times like this can bring families closer together. I was able to spend time with my family and that was a blessing. We got to play lots of games with my sister's family and my parents, and we were able to get most of my cousins and our kids together for a day at Kangaroo Zoo and a picnic.
Why is my child going down the slide upside down?
My aunt talked the "grown-ups"into going down the slide
Heather and I examining our burned elbows. Maybe we ARE too old to play like a kid.
Here are all the kids at a b-day party for cousin Sierra. I counted 17 great-grandkids and 1 grandkid in this picture. Not a bad legacy to leave behind, if you ask me.
5 comments:
I am glad you got to spend time with your family. Hopefully your next trip will be for a happy reason like going with me to Twilight on Nov 21st :)
What a great legacy. I Love that picture of your Grandpa standing by the coffin. Bitter Bitter Sweet. He loved her so much!
Sorry to hear about your Grandma. I was impressed by the legacy picture. The idea of all the people and the love she left behind is awesome. I think we all hope that our lives make someone else's better. It looks like your Grandma did that and then some.
Next time we will have to go to Kangaroo Zoo with out kids! It was good to see you and I missed you at the conference get together.
Oops - I forgot I was signed on with the climber blog...it is I your cousin AMY!
Post a Comment