9.15.2008

Unacceptable!

Things that are unacceptable to me:

1. Tardiness
2. Clutter
3. Ramen noodles as a meal (might as well dump salt on cardboard and eat it)
4. Reserving a camp spot months in advance only to show up and find that the camp host has given our spot (and EVERY spot in the entire campground) away (this was not a recent thing that happened but it's when I started using the word "unacceptable")
5. Chaos
6. Having the t.v. on during dinner (refer to #5)
7. Kids staying up past bed time (which in our house is 7:30)
(I know I have a longer list but my brain isn't functioning properly at the moment)

So why is it that tonight at 7:00 p.m. I still hadn't even thought about dinner, my house is a complete disaster, my kids are running around who-knows-where, and I eventually decide to microwave them some Ramen and let them eat it in front of the t.v.?
It would seem that I was just being lazy all day but I actually missed my afternoon soak in the tub

But hey, I did toss in eggs and hot dogs with the Ramen AND I cleaned three out of four bathrooms today because I finally couldn't stand the black icky stuff growing in the toilets.

Welcome back from vacation!

15 comments:

meegz said...

I say that those things can be unacceptable -- but a day like you had today is totally acceptable!:) Tomorrow is a new one.

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

I feel like those kind of days happen more often than I want them to. Were you guys in Utah for the funeral?

Unknown said...

Seriously, can you guys remember Jamie's voice? So, if you can, imagine her upset and with a raised voice say "this is UNACCEPTABLE!" It's one of the things I really dig about her.

Unknown said...

I also used to say going to BYU was unacceptable, and well here we are in Provo going on 3 years. That is going to end real soon. :) If things go well tomorrow with my interview we will be living much closer to you guys.

Brownie Bites said...

WOW Jamie. I hope you have time to soak in the tub sometime soon. Coming back from vacation is so hard. I'm totally with you on all of your unacceptables.

Anonymous said...

SOme times those days just happen, try again tomorrow!

Rach said...

I NEVER have days like that (is lying also unacceptable?) =). It always seems like you need a vacation from your vacation to get everything back in order. Welcome back though, we missed you here in the Springs.

Misty Anderson said...

Wow I am glad I am not the only person who has those days! oh wait I Have those days all the time and yes it is unacceptable!!

Mama C said...

I am glad you made it home safe. I think an acceptable solution would be for us to both get maids. Of course I think at this point my house is so messy I would have to clean before I would let the maid in.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Oh Jamie...I have one more thing to add to your list....it is not ACCEPTABLE when too long of a time goes by without talking. I MIST call you....
I LOVE lOVE LOVED this post! I may copy that picture and post it on my blog just for kicks and giggles!

Bill Gates II said...

I use to think a lot of things were UNACCEPTABLE but now I am just a tired mom who tries to get by. This summer when I was home my aunt reminded me of my thoughts on carseats. I use to think people who let their children ride around in dirty carseats were Unacceptable. She laughed at my carseats and said "isn't it funny how fast the real world hits you." I guess I live in the real world now!

Alison Ward said...

Too funny! I was going down the list saying, uh oh, I do that, and that, and that. . . I guess sometimes we all do unacceptable things! Glad you had a good time in UT even if it wasn't for a fun reason :( MiaLisa did order something, do you say Misa? She just got a hold of me yesterday by email. I told her to tell you thanks for the referral, but I'll tell you myself. Thanks! Love word of mouth!! and blog :)

Mick and Tiff said...

Is the fact that Addy spilled Buster's water all over the floor FIVE times today unacceptable??? OH WOW! I need a vacation. Let's go together.

Christina said...

Yes, I break lots of my unacceptable rules. Like, I let my kids eat stuff that they drop on the floor. Sometimes I get embarrassed when I see other people around cringe.

Stacy and Mike said...

I Love this post. I remember that night when we showed up to our camp sight that was supposed to be ours but was given to the noisiest family in the campground. It was unacceptable.
Too bad tardiness is still on your list...I'll have to either work on that or work on you to drop it from you list. :0