4.02.2008

Not a Very Fun Spring Break


Kali is spending the second half of her spring break recovering from arm surgery. She had a bone growing out of her upper humorous that needed to be removed. The doctor said it was lucky we didn't let it grow any bigger because it was long and "pointy" and could have done nerve damage, not to mention being very painful. There is no recovery involved, just a two-inch incision that needs to heal. Having my kids be put under with anesthesia is always nerve-wracking to me, especially when a 15 minute surgery ends up taking over one hour. I am hoping for a surgery-free future for my children.
Spring break was not a total bust. We did go to plenty of movies, and we also visited the zoo a couple of times.

9 comments:

Bill Gates II said...

I hope kali starts feelig better. That would be so painful. I am glad you guys had a good spring break. I can't believe summer is almost here.

Ellie McFreaken said...

I am glad Kali's surgery is over. I too hope that you don't have to have any more surguries for your kids.
J- I think we need to go bust down Stacy's door to make sure she is still alive and kickin'.....I wish we were there to help her with her pregnancy! Stace..if you read this peace out girl ...we love you!

Jennifer said...

Hope Kali feels better soon. That zoo looks like a lot of fun. I can't believe you can get that up close and personal with the
Giraffes.

Anonymous said...

Aww! Poor Girl! How are you Jaime? Haven't heard from you in a long time! Don't even ask me how I found your blog tonight...long and crazy story! I am so happy that I found it though! I miss you! You are too cute and your family is absolutely adorable!
Angela Timothy

Anonymous said...

oops! I wanted to give you my email...I don't see a link to yours! Mine is sealed-with-a-kiss@comcast.net

Angela Timothy (Bowden)

Mick and Tiff said...

Poor Kali! Nine years old is too young to have to have surgery. I am glad you were able to have some fun at the zoo!

Feel better soon Kali...

condiefamily said...

Ouch! Spring "Break" has a new meaning for Kali! Wish you were in Utah-I'm headed there this weekend...Baby shower for sister in law. Will be a short but sweet weekend. Are you planning a summer trip back? We'll be there in July.

Courtney said...

Sorry about the surgery- it sounds like you guys made the best of it. I love being in touch. You inspire me.

Stacy and Mike said...

Sounds like lots got done over Spring Break! Poor Kal!