4.09.2008

Conference Weekend

My parents made it out here for a visit this past weekend, and we had a great time. My dad documented their trip on his blog, but I thought I would also share some highlights.

Here is one thing my dad forgot to mention:

Quite funny, huh? Yup, we really are on a poster for a YMCA ad. They wanted to show “real” members, and they wanted to focus on families. We also did a radio ad but we are having technical difficulties getting a copy of it. You can hear it on 99.9 and 106.9 between 5:30 and 8:30 a.m. and all weekend. I haven’t heard it yet but I hear it’s pretty funny. I will post it as soon as we get it figured out.



Here we are at 7 falls. We climbed about 300 steps total.
Above is Chieko the brave.
This is the Cadet Chapel at Air Force Academy. Pretty cool. Above is the inside of the chapel.
The solemn assembly on Saturday morning was an incredible thing to witness and to be a part of. Kali waited anxiously for her turn to stand up and raise her hand to sustain a new prophet. What an incredible moment!

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey I have some famous family... that is funny you guys are on that ad.
The solemn assembly was awesome. Stanton said "mom why are you standing up?"

condiefamily said...

Great weekend-but wait...did I see a pic of you with short hair? Maybe I'm just seeing things...If so take a close up and post it! You are too cute!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Looked like a fun weekend Jaime...you of course look cute with your stylin' hair girl!

Courtney said...

What fun pictures- you guys are famous. I loved the solemn assembly also- conference is like a holiday for me- food- good talks- sitting in my pjs with my family. So good. You need to go to Disneyland if you have a Jedi fan. It was such a highlight. Darth Vader was so real and they gave the kids certificates at the end that said "Jedi in Training" who could ask for more?

Katrina said...

That picture of you guys at the YMCA is sweet. If I lived in town, I'd totally ask for your autograph.

Mick and Tiff said...

I am going to tell EVERYONE about my celebrity relatives. I wonder if I will get any special treatment for that??? Like put on the special list in restaurants and things.... ha ha ha!! That is very cool though. I am glad you had a great time with your parents.

Christina said...

That ad is great! Do you guys really go and workout together like that? Wow, I haven't seen your parents in a long time.

MAstle said...

I didn't forget. That poster was the highlight of our trip. But I thought you should be the one to post it. But listening to those two stations was kind of a drag all day Saturday. At least they could've played decent tunes. Just kidding. About it being a drag, I mean; the music on either station really wasn't so great. And they never advertised anything, just music, music, music.

Stacy and Mike said...

OH...first of all I LOVE that red jacket/coat you are wearing!!!!! 2nd, Love your hair!
3rd, I knew you would be famous some day!
4th, I'm with Kali on the Solemn assembly what a cool moment!!!! Love the pics Miss you. Post the radio add ASP!

Brownie Bites said...

The ad is so great! Jamie, you look like you were born to be a model. Brian...looking good. You really are a good looking family.

Weavers said...

I have to admit I am a little jelous that you guys are the poster chilren for the YMCA when I've put so much blood sweat and tears into my YMCA. Okay maybe not as much blood or tears, but I have put A LOT of sweat into my YMCA and I've never been asked for a picture. Well, I'm just gonna assume they were all so suprised to see Brian working out they just had to document it :) just kidding!! You go Brian! And you look really cute Jamie!

Weavers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill Gates II said...

We missed most of conference but I can't wait to be able to watch what I missed. I heard it was wonderful. I am glad you guys had such a nice weekend. If John gets to finish his PhD before September we won't be able to go home. I am sure missing everyone. I hope something will work out for both things to happen (a little visit, and John graduating early). Have a great week.

Lacey said...

Quite the local celebrities you have become. You got some great pictures.That chaple is amazing.