
So apparently I have a “problem” child who makes life difficult for the YMCA childcare staff. This is my sweet Emeline, who used to just sit in her car seat quietly and watch me do aerobics until she was a year old, and who hardly ever made a peep until she was 2. Now she is the one that gets put in a time out almost every time we go to the gym. Apparently, she has to do everything Caleb does, and if he tries to leave her, or the childcare employees tell her she can’t do what the big kids are doing, she screams bloody murder and refuses to give in. Neal Diamond needs to change his "Sweet Caroline" song to “Sweet Emeline…..as long as she gets her way.” At least she doesn’t hit or bite or do anything mean – she just leaves you temporarily hearing impaired.
In the meantime, I was outside doing some trail running behind the Y. Today was my second time joining the running group that goes out every Friday morning. I have never done real trail running before and I am LOVING the fact that my shoes are covered in mud and I have scratches all over my legs from the tree branches!
11 comments:
It is just hard to imagine Emi doing something like that when you look at that sweet picture. Parker is not so good either when he doesn't get what he wants. He has a hitting problem and I don't know how to stop it!!
If you touch her tummy she laughs, did you tell the people at the gym that? Why don't they just let her do what the big kids are doing?
As for Parker, ask Flip Wilson...Well, I can't find that bit, but this one is pretty funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu9NyGh6PiE. Now picture him telling about growing up in a family of 18 kids (really), and his mother yelling, "How. Many. Times. Have. I. Told. You. Never. To. Hit. Your. Brother?" and smacking him on the bottom with each word.
You must be mistaken... that face is much too cute to do things like that.
She is too cute and I don't believe it for a moment! :)
That running group sounds like fun! I am glad you are loving your new area, we sure miss you hear. My birthday just wasn't the same without our annual get together (remember Moab?) but I was glad to get your message though...gosh I just miss you.....
It makes me cringe when I reread my comments and I misspell something or my grammar is off.....you would think I dropped out of college or something :):)
She is just too cute. Maybe she wants to get her shoes muddy and run with you. ha
Trail running? WOW!! I am afraid to even go off the asphalt to the grass for fear I'll trip!!:) Nice job!!!
I'm glad to know someone else takes their kids to the gym with them! Mine have been known to break out in pinkeye, pee their pants and be highly emotional at times. Still doesn't stop me.
I don't believe Emi would ever let out a ear piercing scream... and why don't they let her do what the big kids are doing and let her realize on her own that she might be too little. I love that you are still running like a CHAMP!!!
Every time I pick Tanner up from the gym they remind me how well he knows the word "no"! I just laugh because I just had two hours without him.
And I just have to say no fair that you get to leave your Y and go running. We can't leave our facility while the kids are in the nursery. Trail running too?!? I used to go running all over Logan Canyon (by myself...not a good idea!) and I loved it. Now I just get to stare at 3 t.v.s with no sound. I can't complain though. Like I said before, two hours is two hours and I'll take it any which way.
Your little dear and mine sound like kindred spirits. We affectionately call Elle "destructo"- she has a talent. And if she dosen't get her way- watch out! I am right with you on the trail running- fun, fun.
Post a Comment