8.29.2010

peeeeeee-eeeeeewwww

So I have renamed our mudroom the stinky feet room. Even though we have a shoe closet, the kids (and that includes Brian) always let their shoes pile up by the garage door. Okay, I admit my running shoes are in that pile, but they don't smell nearly as bad as Caleb's little shoes do!

Any advice on how to implement a new shoe-organizing system would be appreciated, because this is just not acceptable.


Here is the latest project I worked on over the weekend:

I have been wanting to get rid of our old armoire, but "New Armoire" hasn't made it to #1 on our "things to buy" list. I decided I couldn't stand looking at our old armoire for one more day, so I took the spray paint to it and painted it black like all the rest of the stuff I've painted lately. It didn't turn out perfect, but I can at least stand it until "New Armoire" makes it to the top of our list.

Before:

(I took this picture before we moved when I tried to sell it on craigslist. See, nobody else wants it either...)

Now:


Actually, I'm kind of in love with it now. I think I will keep it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That thing looks way heavy. Who did you pay to move it?

Anonymous said...

I have no help for you with the shoe thing. My kids have nice locker cabinets things and they still drop their shoes on the floor right in front of the lockers.

Stacy and Mike said...

Get a mud room (oh wait you have that) just put deodarizers in their shoes and candle/nice smelling things in there. At least you have a mud room.
Brian is hilarious!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

I finally have a mudroom and envisioned organization, but noooo... I don't think there is a solution. Good luck, let me know when you figure it out. Love the Armoire!

Jennifer said...

I like the armoire a lot! It looks good. The shoe thing... you could get shoe organizers from IKEA that pull open you put your shoes in and then shut them. Maybe the pockets would hold the stink in?! :)

Tara said...

Oh I LOVE the black!!! I think I might have to do that to mine, too!

Sorry, I've been out of the blog world for a while, but I'm Baaaaack!

As far as the "shoe thing"... What about one of those things that hangs over the door? Not sure how your new set up is & if that would work... but good luck!

MAstle said...

It looks good in real life, too.