The world of Boy Scouts is completely foreign to me. I don't know one single thing about it. Except I think the highest rank is named after some kind of bird or something. Caleb is SO lucky that his dad's whole life WAS Boy Scouts growing up.
Caleb is now a cub scout and last night was his first pack meeting. More foreign words. I was teaching Young Womens last night so I asked Brian to take lots of pictures of him getting his first award and rank.
I don't know what the meeting entailed, but I thought he looked handsome in his uniform, anyway. His uniform is also a mystery to me. I followed the little diagram to make sure I placed the patches in the right place, and out of the 4 patches that were iron-ons, three of them fell off before he even left. The others were held on by safety pins.
I have a feeling this scouting business is going to be quite the challenge for me.
8 comments:
don't even try to iron them on just sew them on. The glue for the iron on doesn't work well. Hope he has lots of fun
oh what fun!! For your sake I hope Brian gets into it. Tom was a scout, but has never taken much of an interest in our boys scouting. By the time Cael turns 8, I will be a pro at scouting. Pray for awesome scout leaders!
Tip #556 I've learned from being IN scouting:)
Take those darn patches to a local dry cleaners that does mending etc. They will usually sew them on for a buck.
Good luck!:)
I have a hard time keeping up with Faith in God for Syd and Activity Days. I don't know what I'll do when Park starts scouts.
Trust me...you will get used to it soon enough. And I am glad I only had one boy. Thank goodness he is done.
Again, you have to sew the patches. They are really easy to sew yourself and you can find matching thread easily.
Enjoy. Pinewood Derby if the best. Blaine cut the end of my finger off when he was helping some of his Cubs get ready for it--I think it was Brian's group but I don't remember for sure. I learned an easy way for the patcher but I can't remember what it was. I'll let you know when the Alzheimer's relents. Caleb, you look very handsome!!
awww he looks handsome. Something about boys in uniform! I can't wait for scouts even though I know nothing about it, it seems like such fun all the hikes and cool stuff they learn. I am going to make Kambree do it too! :)
Caleb looks like a great scout. I loved Cub Scouts. I'm with Grandma Austin; the Pinewood Derby was the best. I liked Boy Scouts a lot, too, especially the camping in 10 feet of snow part.
Post a Comment