8.11.2010

One project...and box... at a time...

The last couple of weeks I have been doing a lot of this:

And I did get ID'd at Home Depot buying the spray paint. When the lady said, "are you really 18?" I actually raised my voice and pretty much shouted for all to hear, "I AM 34!" Sometimes (ok lots of times) words come out of my mouth before I can stop them.

And packing and hauling a bazillion of these:
All just to move about 1 mile up the road. I swear the next house we buy I am going to DIE THERE!

We are also getting ready for the kids to start school again. I could really use about 2 more months of summer. We haven't even made it out to the fields yet to catch firefly's. Kali went to her back-to-school night at her new MIDDLE SCHOOL last night. Is that really possible??! I took my camera so I could take a picture of my grown up daughter, (who is officially as tall as me now, by the way. Which I know isn't saying much...) but I got blinded by this car and forgot about everything else. What I want to know is who the heck in Oklahoma would be driving a Lamborghini?
I have also gone through about 10,000 mg of Ibuprofen, used about 1,000 ice packs on my shoulder, and sweated (I don't think that's a word) at least 100 pounds of sweat. Which unfortunately isn't reflected on my scale but I know it was at least that much. Although I don't want summer to end, it will be really good to be settled and to get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What surprised me even more than a Lamborgini was how excited my wife got when she saw one. I was a little worried she was going to wait for the driver and hit on him as he got into his car.

Rach said...

HA HA, Brian cracks me up!! Are you guys all moved in yet? I keep thinking I want to move and then I think of all the hassle involved in selling a house and moving and I don't want to anymore. That Lamborgini is a sweet ride. I might have waited to see if the driver was hot! =)

Mick and Tiff said...

Can you not buy spray paint if you are under 18? Interesting! And totally funny that she questioned your age. If it makes you feel better- I think you look at least 20...ha ha ha... j.k.

MAstle said...

Hey, that car looks exactly the same color as your refrigerator after you painted it. Was it white when the driver went into the store? What did you do? No wonder they IDed you.

Stephanie said...

I'm impressed! Will you seriously come do my table now??? I would have never thought about painting the fridge. Love it! Can't wait to see more pictures, it looks like a great house!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

Been there done that with the moving down the street. We better never move again. We have been in our new house two months and I still have much to do. Good job on your projects! Your new house looks amazing!