10.15.2009

Fizzzztastic fun getting our kicks on Route 66

Day one of Fall break. Took a drive on Route 66 about 20 mi from here to a place called Pops. Kids thought it was cool that we were on a road that was in Cars, one of their favorite movies of all time.


First you see cornfields. Then you see this big soda bottle. At Pops you can fill your gas tank, eat at the diner, and choose from over 500 flavors of soda pop.
Flavors, oh so many flavors to choose from. How does one decide? Caleb picked the grossest flavor he could find. Kali got red cream soda. Emi likes whatever looks the prettiest.


We will definitely have to go back there again. At least 499 more times.

12 comments:

Sara said...

Sooo, What does Bug Barf taste like????? 500 flavors...yum yum yum!

Mick and Tiff said...

Bug Barf? Sounds delicious!

Stephanie said...

Yeah, I want to know if he drank the whole bottle.

meegz said...

LOVE it!!! and you look great! Glad to see you're doing well in OK!:)

Dirk and Trish said...

We went once, but it was almost a 2 hr wait, so I just took our nieces in to pick soda. Someday...

Tara said...

BUG BARF?!?! Ewwww...what did YOU choose? I can't tell!
Looks like a place I'd like!

MAstle said...

That looks like fun. Someday I'd like to drive the full Route 66 route.

Unknown said...

I need the address to that place.

Stacy and Mike said...

Oh we love the show CARS too. How fun. Look at all those rows and rows of poison!

Teeples Family said...

Hey Jamie-
Just thought I would check in and see how you are liking Oklahoma?! I haven't blogged for several months, but I am noe back in the game.
I have to play the violin in Stake Conference; do you want to take a weekend trip and play a duet?!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

That sounds like lots of fun!!!

Jennifer said...

Stanton would love to drive down route 66.... CARS was his life forever!