5.06.2009

Reason #3 to wear sunscreen: avoiding those unsightly farmer tans

Look at my arm! That is the tan line from my iPod.

My friend Andrea and I went on a trail run this morning. We had perfect running conditions - not too hot, nice cool breeze, we did have to tackle some hills but i've learned that there's no way to avoid that in Colorado Springs.

By the end our feet and legs were killing us so we soaked in the cooooold water. I can't even explain how good that felt. I thought Andrea was going to dive in and float all the way down the river.
Mornings like this make for a perfect day in my book.

15 comments:

Mama C said...

I wish running was part of my idea of a perfect day :)

Mel said...

I'm with Mama C--I wish I loved to run. It would be so good for me and cheap exercise

Anonymous said...

I tried to run this morning, injury still not gone. Oh and I have a race in 10 days, not a good morning for me :)

Glad you had a good run this morning, that makes one of us.

Brownie Bites said...

Your tan line is very very funny. That water looks perfect for resting tired legs in.

MAstle said...

You don't even know what a farmer's tan is.

Mick and Tiff said...

That actually looks refreshing just looking at the picture. I am wondering why you have a camera on your run? Where do you keep that?

Jamie said...

I have a tiny camera I keep in my purse...I ran up to my car and got it before we got in the water :) Although I do run with a hip-pack that I could carry it in if I wanted that extra weight.

Brandon and Sommar said...

Nice tan. That will look really good with your dress on Sunday!! Now you just have to wear your I pod on the other arm so you can match!!

Tara said...

I'm still laughing my head off! That's too funny!!

Christina said...

That tan is so funny.

Rach said...

Your farmers tan is worse than mine!! =) I heard you guys ran 15 miles that day. Craziness!!

Bill Gates II said...

I got a terrible sunburn-farmer tan in California John just looks browner. I agree with your dad. You, Sara, and John have such beautiful skin. Even when you do get a little farmers tan, you can't even tell really. You guys are so lucky:)
And when I win the lottery I will take you to Disneyland!!!

Teeples Family said...

At least you have a tan!

Heather said...

I think that you need to talk to my mom about crazy tan lines. She just got some interesting ones in New Mexico. That is a pretty funny tan though I do have to admit. I am running with my ipod tomorrow for a 5K but I just have to hold it in my hand so no tan for me!

Laura Watson said...

I miss our runs. Seeing those pictures reminds me of all the fun and pain we shared.I have been injured for months and miss running all togther.