5.10.2009

Did we really do all of that in one day?

Early yesterday morning I went on a photography field trip by Garden of the Gods. I absolutely love the spot that we went to, and I love all of the pictures!
Align LeftYou can see some more of my pictures here.

We went straight from G of G to Kali's piano recital. She has been practicing this same song for weeks now and I speak for Kali and the rest of us when I say we will be glad to never hear her recital song again :)
After the recital we drove straight to Denver. Caleb got some tickets to an amusement park for participating in the reading program at school. This carnival-style amusement park was probably the ghettoiest place I have ever been to. But the kids loved it and they didn't notice all the strange looking people or the run-down rides.

Later in the afternoon we took a break from the rides and visited with my cousin Daniel, his wife Jenn, and their kids. It was really nice to hang out with them!

After we enjoyed some dinner at the park with my cousin and co., our kids wanted to go back to the amusement park. You know the kids had a great time when they were still begging to go on more rides at 10 p.m., but then fell asleep before they were even buckled in the car.

I got some cool night shots at the park - you can see them here.

Today has been a perfect Mother's Day for me. Brian made me breakfast, helped the kids clean the basement and straighten up the rest of the house, and had the roast in the crock pot - all before I was showered this morning. I hope the rest of you moms have a great Mother's Day!

11 comments:

Rach said...

What a busy day! Awesome pictures, I LOVE that picture of the ferris wheel.

Unknown said...

You really did have a busy day. Of course, Kali looked awfully tired at our house. Our kids had fun too. Erik kept talking about playing with Caleb and Lily told me she wanted Emi to come back to our house. :) We'll have to get together again very soon! I love all the pics. Drew really did make a mad face at Brian. Too funny!

Unknown said...

The previous comment was from Jenn by the way. :)

Brownie Bites said...

I love the picture at the amusement park. What a fun day. I love it when the kids fall asleep quickly like that.

Brandon and Sommar said...

Wow, you were pretty busy. Dylan got those tickets to the amusment park too. You were nicer than me and actually took your kids!!

Mel said...

That must be Lakeside since we got those too. It has been around for EVER so I am not surprised it was pretty run down. I used to go there when I was a child. Sometimes the busiest days are the best days too. Hope you had fun.

Heather said...

Last night Janet was telling us about your trip to Denver to see Daniel and Jenn and go to that amusement park. When she was describing how ghetto it was Jason immediately know what place she was talking about. He used to serve his mission in that area. Pretty funny! We are coming to Denver in August so we are still figuring out plans but I am trying to see if we can come your way to visit!

Tara said...

Holy cow! That WAS quite the day! I bet you're wiped after all that! I love the pix! I wish I had your eye for things. You and Rachael are amazing!

Sam said...

I need a nap after reading that. Way to go Kali!!! Also love the soaking in the water pics!!!

Sara said...

Ghettoiest-that's gotta be my favorite part!

Grandma Austin said...

Same park I went to with my mom and dad when I was a kid. It wasn't too ghetto then, but I probably wouldn't have noticed anyway. Good memories!