This is what Caleb said to Carol (Brian's mom) out of the blue on Saturday:"Grandma, today I saw someone fatter than you."
I know there is probably a "right" way to deal with a situation like this, like explaining to Carol that Caleb doesn't think of "fat" in the same way that we do, or that Caleb is proud of himself when we tell him his stomach is "fat" after eating a huge dinner so he meant it in a good way. I could have at least told her that I think she is very normal - not fat at all! But all I could do was laugh uncontrollably. Luckily, Carol also thought it was pretty funny and didn't get too offended.
But wait, it didn't end there:
Later that afternoon we were playing a video game and we were all creating our own characters to look just like us. When it was time to select the "size" of Grandma, Caleb ran up to the t.v. and pointed to the highest setting and said "move Grandma all the way over here!"

I'm glad that Carol still loves this crazy kid even though he says the craziest things.
9 comments:
I don't think I have really laughed out loud all by myself like this for a while. I think that maybe the whole "caleb has very good manners" comment from his teacher may have gotten to his head. hee hee hee.
That kid is great!! I remember when Megan was like four or five and she would look in the mirror and say "I am so skinny! I look cute!" Kids say exactly what they think, don't they. BTW- That picture of you and Brian on the side is way cute. I want to make a header with that one!!!
OH now that's funny! Kids DO say what they think and their perception is definately not our perception.
That was a good laugh Jaim..thanks!
Jamie it looks so beautiful there! Caleb's comment was great. A few weeks ago Caroline told me that when Grammy and Grandpa come in May we will have to go swimming, but not Grammy because she is too fat for a swim suit. At first I was really shocked and then I laughed. Later when I told my mom she said that Caroline was right. She wasn't offended either. It sounds like these kind of remarks are common around five year olds.
That is hilarious. I always think, "my kid won't say that kind of stuff" yesterday at the grocery store he called an older looking man with a long white beard "Santa Clause". How can I avoid these situations? I don't think it's possible. Great story!
That's funny! My nephew asked my dad if he swallowed a watermelon....What do you do, but laugh!
Jaime -- now I'M the blog snoop!!:) First of all -- Cute cute family -- glad you are enjoying them and your new location!:)
Now, HOW do I get my blog to be as CUTE as yours? Did you use a digital scrapbooking template?? Lemme know!:)
Megan
What did you think of David last night???
I agree! I totally loved the song but I am ready for an upbeat song. Why is Simon always right??
Post a Comment