2.12.2008

Happy Valentines Week!

I've been tagged...

Valentines Day Tag

What is his name? Brian Kay Austin aka dad, dadda, Bri, B-ri (his dad used to call him that), and he likes to call himself: STUD

How long have you been married? 10 years 8 months

How old is he? 34

Who eats more? I would have to say ME.

Who said I love you first? Brian did. We were sitting on the couch in my college apartment. I wonder if he remembers that?Who sings better? Ummm. No offense, but me – and I’m not even that great of a singer. Brian can actually sing when he sings normal but he does this Cache Valley hick accent thing and it’s not pretty.

Who is smarter? In almost all subjects, Brian. The only thing he needs my help with is his choice of wardrobe.

Who does the laundry? Me. But he has to wash his own exercise clothes because they are STANKY. Oh, and I don't iron. Ever.

Who does the dishes? I do during the day, he does at night.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me.

Who pays the bills? I do.

Who mows the lawn? Mostly me. I started doing it when Brian was in graduate school because he was either working or studying, and now I really enjoy mowing the lawn. Plus if I do it during the week, it leaves time on Saturdays for us to do better things.

Who cooks dinner? Me. When I am gone the kids get fed Ramen noodles.

Who drives when you are together? Brian. Especially at night. I hate driving in the dark.

Who is more stubborn? Do I have to be honest? If you know me, then you know the answer to this one.

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Usually Brian since I am never wrong :)


Whose parents do you see the most? Mine.


Who proposed? Brian did. It was on Valentines day 1997. We went to a dance at USU and then we drove up to a look-out spot and he proposed to me by reading a poem that he had written. I think his writings could be published. Oh, and he proposed with a toy ring out of a machine.

Who is more sensitive? Definitely Brian.

Who has more friends? Me. He says he feels bad about that but I think it’s because he doesn’t need friends like I do.

Who has more siblings? He does. He is number 3 of 5. I am number 1 of 3.

Who wears the pants in the family? Brian would say me but he actually gets his way most of the time.

So now I tag all my blogging friends who didn't tag me first to do the same thing. It's an easy fun post and only takes a few minutes.
Happy Valentines Day!

8 comments:

Mick and Tiff said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that doesn't iron!! Why can't we all just walk around with wrinkly clothes. If everyone did that it would be the norm and ironing wouldn't be a big deal.

Ellie McFreaken said...

I didn't know that you guys got engaged on Valentines day and I didn't know that you mowed the lawn. I DID know who was more stubborn.....yeah I think it's the same over here too.
Cute Cute picture of you guys. Let's talk dates soon for spring break!

Stacy and Mike said...

I always thought you hated yard work. I'm glad to know you mow the lawn. Yes I knew the stubborn thing. I want you to post the poem. I just remember being mad at him because he was taking my friend away! Enough time has passed that I forgive him. I actually think you gave me a rose that year maybe you felt bad for me? Love the post!

Mick and Tiff said...

I saw on Jennifers blog about how you were asking about David Archuleta on American Idol. He is in the 12th ward. He has sang for our ward Christmas parties in the past. He actually won Star Search when he was like six or something. I love him!!!

Unknown said...

Jamie does a great job with the grass. She even runs the weed wacker sometimes. When I was doing my master's degree, she even shoveled snow off the driveway a couple of times.

Unknown said...

Even though I said "I love you" first, Jamie was crazy for me before we even started dating.

Bill Gates II said...

Jamie I commend you for your willingness to do outside work. Coming from a family of girls I had to do all of the outside work while growing up. Maybe I am just on strike now. I know John wishes I would do it so he would have NO jobs.

Lacey said...

Cute Post! I hope you had a great day! Your kids are getting so big! I remember when you were pregnant with Emi. Have a great weekend!