3.10.2008

Running and Playing in Moab

Day 1:
We did a little of this

And a lot of this

Day 2 Part I:
Started the day bright and early to do the Moab half marathon. I was so happy to see my old friends!

We froze for about 2 hours before the race started. Brrr!
I ran this race with virtually no training under my belt. Considering I only did ONE 9-miler previous to the race, I thought I did pretty well. Thank goodness I had Nita there to push me along!

Day 2 Part II:
Enjoyed walking around Arches with our family. The kids favorite part was playing in the sand.

Finished the day like this

Day 3 Part I:
Spent the morning in Goblin Valley. The kids favorite part of the weekend.

Day 3 Part II:
Repeat day 1!
We got home a little before midnight completely exhausted and covered in sand. Sure signs that we had a great time!

12 comments:

Shelley said...

Hey Jaime! It was good to know you found our blog and we found yours! It's fun to see what everyone is up to! Good job on the marathon!

Mick and Tiff said...

So many great photos!! I am running a 5K with my mom and Jennifer and a neighbor in May (I think I already told you that) but anyway the other day Mick was trying to plan something the week before this "run" and I told Mick "but what about me getting ready for my marathon?" He laughed and said "Tiffany, it is NOT a marathon. It is three miles!" I had to laugh because this is the biggest thing I will get to a marathon. Your pictures give me great inspiration though. Great job!!! BTW- I love the story of your mom trying to scare Caleb. That is the best story ever!

Lacey said...

Way to go! I wish I could run a mile. How fun! I'm dying to go on a trip.

condiefamily said...

What great fun!!! Thanks for sharing pix of family and friends. Looks like I am missin' out. Way to go on the half-ur still amazing!

Stacy and Mike said...

I can't believe that you were in Moab and we were not. I'm so impressed with the running determination and skills. What a fun trip and the kids are simply sooooooo cute!!!!!

Bill Gates II said...

Congrats, you are a true inspiration! I really need to get my butt moving!!!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Jaime..CUTE pic of you and Brian!!!!! Good job on the race girl. I hope to see you soon

meegz said...

NICE JOB Sister!! I am going to try to run the ogden marathon in May -- the key word is TRY!:) Come join me and keep me going!:)

Weavers said...

Mom said it was a full marathon. I wish I didn't know it was a half b/c I would've loved running that!!! Looked like a lot of fun. I'm looking to plan a vacation to celebrate graduation and Moab looks like it might be a great spot for us!

Brownie Bites said...

Brian/Jamie - Nice photos. We miss you in SS and hope you're doing well in CO. We need to hook up and do a narrows hike in souther UT. I like the photo of Brian planting a big kiss on Jamie.

Katrina said...

Hey Jamie! Don't worry, I'm a total blog stalker/snoop! So glad we found each other! Wow, good job on the race! Great pics!

Christina said...

Jamie!!!! You are so amazing to do all of these things! I don't think I ever felt so lazy and old until after I saw all that you do. Good job!