2.15.2008

What's New With The Kids


KALI

We were a little slow to figure out that Kali was having trouble seeing clearly. We finally noticed that she was having problems and she is now proudly wearing glasses.

CALEB

Caleb’s kindergarten teacher couldn’t say enough nice things about him at parent-teacher conference. I just want to prove that he can actually behave himself – even if it only happens in front of his teachers. Caleb is also happy to start up karate again. He is a little afraid of his teacher (she is very strict) and he works very hard not to mess up.

EMELINE


What can I say - Emi is still the sweetest thing but is starting to assert her independence (notice in the picture that she cut her own bangs). The parking lot is always a struggle because she doesn’t want to hold my hand and wants to run. I tell her her choice is to hold my hand or be carried. Today she pointed in the opposite direction and said “Mamma go over there. Emi run right here.” Needless to say, she was carried the rest of the way.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Kali looks so cute in her new glasses? She has a big smile so I guess that means that she likes them. I have to say Emi is still the cutest little thing even with crooked bangs! That is too funny. Parker is the same way about holding hands. I tried to go to the music store today to pick out piano music for my students and I ended up just having to leave because he kept running all over the place. I felt kind of embarressed having the workers point out to me every second the next place they saw Parker go. I miss your cute kids (and you and Brian of course)!!!

MAstle said...

Kali looks really cute in her new glasses. You need to post a picture with the other pair, too.

Did you tell the teacher you were Caleb AUSTIN's parents. Maybe she was thinking Caleb Goodson. Just kidding. We know Caleb is a wonderful boy.

Stacy and Mike said...

Kali looks absolutley adorable and SMART with those glasses. She looks so grown up!

If Caleb isn't a heartbreaker already. He looks so tough and handsome in his karate clothes.

Emmy, oh I just want to pinch her cheeks. I love the independence streak. I think in that way she takes after her mother. Brian might be right with the "Payback" theory. He needs to update that blog. I'm sure he has the other side of the story on many issues.

Stacy and Mike said...

Jamie, I love those pictures and saying for your greeting. It's so gorgeous!

Stacy and Mike said...

I love that I keep commenting on your blog. First of all ..LOVE THE SHORT HAIR!!!

CCA would be a good idea for you. I will help fund it. :) I need you around and putting that POISEN in your body (at that rate) is not going to help you.
LOVE LOVE

Mick and Tiff said...

Love that haircut! I couldn't have cut it better myself. (haha) I am just waiting for the day when Addy gets around to the scissors.

Caleb is such a well behaved boy. I am scared to get on his bad side or he may karate chop me.

Kali's glasses are so very cute! I want to be the first one to welcome her into the "cool" club. Cute, cute girl.

Mick and Tiff said...

P.S. I am feeling TONS better today. Thanks!! And also, I must give Brian props on his comment about Mick being stinky at the symphony. It was pretty funny! I bet you didn't know about that side of Mick before (he has some bad habits!) ha ha!

Weavers said...

Kali does look really cute in her new glasses!

I'm also very glad to hear that all the kids around Tanner's age are all just as stubborn.

I think Caleb's always been a great kid. He's just a boy. I don't think our family understands what boys are really like :)

I already saw it, but cute hair!

Ellie McFreaken said...

I swear i've been blacklisted from messages on peoples blogs. I thought for sure I had already commented on this post but it is no where to be found.
Kali...cute cute glasses
Caleb..love the karate outfit too cute
Emi...darling sounds like she is just like her Mama
Your hair looks great. You know how obsessed I am about your hair straight whether it is long or short it is so so cute. You could be bald and still look beautiful!!! Love the Curly Sue do too.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Jaime..Check out Megan's blog
It is at Meegzandcheez.blogspot. It is so cute!!!

Mick and Tiff said...

I just have one thing to say..... I LOVE CALEB!! Your comment had me laughing so hard.