Our friend's parents lost everything, house and cars included, in this past Tuesday's tornado, and we decided to take a drive down there to check it out and to help with the clean-up for a couple hours. It was crazy to hear the dad tell how they got out of there. When they realized the tornado was going to hit their house they jumped in the car and drove off as fast as they could. He said his car was fishtailing from almost getting sucked in. He looked in the rear-view mirror to see his house basically explode to bits.
This is what the area looked like before:

Now:

The trees were completely stripped. This is where their house used to be

Trying to salvage what they could.

Where's the rest of this tractor?

5 comments:
It was weird to see houses like the ones you took pictures of, and then just 1/4 mile down the road houses that weren't touched at all. If felt good to get out and try to help clean-up but I couldn't believe how destroyed that house was. And they were still missing a car.
so sad!
Wow! I can hardly believe you live that close to that kind of devastation. St. George weslcome syour family with open arms... anytime!!!!
This is unbelievable. I'm glad you were able to go help. Not only did you help the people, but your kids also learned a valuable lesson. Where is the family now? Are they in temporary housing? Will their insurance cover the losses? (You can't replace the trees and other vegetation at any cost, I suppose.)
There really aren't words to say...glad you were there to help, I am sure they appreciated it!
Post a Comment