We went down to Dallas last week to attend my brother John's graduation from medical school. I have mixed emotions about this. I am so very proud of him for graduating and excited that he gets to do his residency at Yale in New Haven, Connecticut. But I am also sad that they left Texas since we are practically neighbors. Well, Dallas is like 3 hours away, but to us that's close. :) John spent an extra two years in school to get a PhD on top of his MD and I think my SIL deserves some kind of an award for supporting John all these years. This also makes me realize that I must have forgotten to grab the smart gene before I was born which is why he has all the brains in the family. He also has the height gene, too. Is it too late to claim some of that?

In West End Dallas


Everything is bigger in Texas. And wears boots.


All packed up and ready to say goodbye to their Texas home!

Our Emi May with her cousin Mei

My adorable nephew Wells.

We spent lots of time in the hotel pool.

Elliot cracks me up.

The graduate!

We will miss John and Mialisa and my nieces and nephews and we wish them lots of success and happiness in this next chapter of their lives!
3 comments:
We should drive to New Haven. How many miles is that from OK?
Not so many miles. You can do it in a couple days. These are great pictures. (BTW, I think John did 4 years on the PdD plus 4 on the MD.)
We are going to miss being so close to you guys too. Maybe you should just move out here. You would love it!!!!
Post a Comment