This is how Emi celebrated her 6th Birthday:
Opening presents in our closet while the tornado sirens are blaring is not what Emi would have chosen to do for her birthday, but luckily she is very easy going :)We knew we were going to be hit by a big one, and sure enough, the storm came in right on schedule headed STRAIGHT FOR US here in Edmond!
I picked the kids up from school that day, ran to Little Caesars, and while I was driving there I heard on the radio that a huge tornado was on the ground about 20 miles or so to our West. The sky had gone dark by then and there was a non-stop continuation (I know that's redundant) of lightning that was very eery. You could feel the electricity in the air. I hurried home and turned on the t.v. to watch the news, and about 5 minutes later the sirens went off. Caleb freaked. I was freaking on the inside but had to be calm on the outside. We followed all the directions on how to stay safe in your home during a tornado, but the one that hit closest to us was at least an EF4, possibly EF5 (the largest), which will take out everything in its path. The only way you would survive one that size is if you are in a tornado shelter. Just to give you an idea, that tornado was a mile wide in size, was on the ground for 60 miles, and had wind speeds over 130 mph. Boy are we lucky it shifted North at the last minute!

Opening presents

Thanks Grandma!


FINALLY it's safe to come out. After the storm passed and Caleb felt safe again, he decided this was the funnest birthday party ever. Emi was not feeling the same, so we promised her we would take her somewhere fun this weekend :)



This shows the path the tornadoes took.
I guess we should think about getting a tornado shelter?
6 comments:
Oh man Jamie!! I am so glad you are okay!!! I'll pitch in for that shelter.:)
oh my heavens that is so scary! I would totally be freaking out! I am so glad you guys are safe. I would want to move! LOL! Of course crazy things are going on everywhere anyways, we are in the last days....that's for sure!
Wow, that is so freaky. So glad you guys are safe! I'm sure it's a birthday Emi will never forget!
I do not like tornadoes, Sam I Am.
A Birthday to Remember at least!
I love the photos of everyone in their bike hats. Thats a good idea...it's just kind of funny that it was a birthday party. :)
Post a Comment