11.28.2010

...and the holiday season is here, ready or not!

Can it be that time of year already?

As I was looking back on last year's posts from about this time, I was reminded of how difficult last Winter was. I am not a homebody and the thought of ice-storms forcing us to be home-bound for days at a time causes slight panic in my heart.

Well, so far we have had a great start to our holiday season here in Okie-land. We were able to spend Thanksgiving in Jasper, Arkansas at my cousin's dude ranch. They started the ranch in 1997 (I think) and I have been wanting to go there ever since it opened. How great that we now only live about 4.5 hours from Jasper! The kids had a blast, and I know it was very memorable for them.
Playing in the barn

They have a great chef at the ranch who cooked a yummy Thanksgiving dinner!

The cabin we stayed in. The kids loved it.

Doing some crazy rock climbing.

Brian and Kali walking across the wire. I was perfectly happy staying on the ground.

This weekend we also went to Kali's piano recital (we did take a video so the grandparents could watch, I just need to figure out how to get it on here...)


We also spent the weekend decking the halls, putting up the Christmas tree, and listening to Christmas music. There is a turkey in the oven and it smells yummy! I know we already did a Thanksgiving dinner but I can't get sick of turkey dinners.

So.....so far we are off to a great holiday season and I think I'm keeping the panic under control....I am just hoping this Winter turns out to be a very mild one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny, as I drove into the garage today, I found myself hoping for an ice storm so we'd have an excuse to hang out, make fudge, and watch movies.