11.12.2010

Trip Part one: NYC

Arriving in New York at Penn Station.
At Macy's

Time Square!
Walking through Time Square was very surreal. I don't know if it's because I watch too much Law & Order, but everything was familiar and it was exactly like I thought it would be!

Having fun at the M & M store
Rockefeller Center
FAO Schwarz was closing and I got yelled at for playing on the big piano.

Having Dinner in Little Italy.
Not a fan of the ricotta chesse in the cannoli, but the rest was Y-U-M!

Visiting the World Trade Center site.
I was glad that we went here first thing in the morning, instead of ending the day here, because it was very emotional to see all of the memorabilia and watch footage from the 9-11 attacks. Every American should visit there.

Statue of Liberty
We did a little audio-guided tour to listen to as we walked around, but we both have ADD and skipped through about 50% of the information. But what I did listen to was very interesting :)

We walked pretty much all of Manhattan in two days and we were exhausted! Visiting New York City was so exciting, but after being in the hectic city, we were ready to hang out in Rockport, MA, sitting in front of a fireplace sipping hot cocoa and watching the ocean from the window. But that part of my trip is for another day...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun. Did you play chopsticks before getting kicked off the piano?

MAstle said...

Did Macy's have its Christmas displays in the windows? I love those. I like New York at Christmas. After you played Chopsticks, did you stomp on the low keys and say, "I keel you" as you left?

Angela said...

how fun! you and your sister are so cute! what a great husband you have!