11.09.2009

Being Wicked is just so good!


Many many months ago (way before I knew I would be moving to Oklahoma) my friends and I got tickets to go see Wicked in Denver. When I moved away I had the option of selling my ticket or flying out to see it and spending the weekend with my girlfriends.

Well that was a no-brainer.

Brian, being the awesome husband that he is, took Friday off to take me to the airport and spend the weekend with the kids, while I spent the weekend shopping, eating (and eating and eating), and playing with my girlfriends.

I have to say, I never knew how much fun downtown Denver is. We stayed near 16th street and I loved walking around.

I think my friend Lady Godiva is making
an obscene gesture at me :)

Saturday (after more shopping and eating) we went to see Wicked. I absolutely LOVED it. I loved the music, and I thought the cast in this production was spectacular. I have always had a special place in my heart for the Phantom, but now I also do for Elphaba.


(I copied this pic from my friend's blog - obviously I had a hard time figuring out how to do it.)

Thanks guys for all the laughs and good times!

It is always great to get away, and I already can't wait to plan my next trip. Vegas is calling baby!

8 comments:

Mel said...

It was lots of fun, I must admit. Skip Vegas--let's go to New York and see it on Broadway. Can you say LION KING! Glad you could come out-it wouldn't have been the same without you.

Rach said...

I'm so glad you decided not to sell your ticket. It was a super fun day. Vegas?? Count me in!

Anonymous said...

Wicked is so awesome!!! I too now love Elphaba :) What a fun weekend!

Heather said...

That sounds like a way fun girl trip! We are planning one in December. You wanna come to Utah?

Angela said...

jealous.

Stacy and Mike said...

I am soooooooooooo jealous right now!

Stacy and Mike said...

I love love love love love love the picture on the heading of your blog. I need one!!!
Kali is getting so tall. She's not in YW yet is she? Your family is beautiful! Hide Kali in a closet while you still can!

Laura Watson said...

It looks like you all had a great time. It makes me miss everyone. Your blog is always so fun to read. Laura